Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2017 1:42:24 AM EDT
After almost 70 years of service, the SIG P210 à la m/49 will be replaced starting 2019. I hope that we will see some nice Danish surplus SIG P210s here for reasonable prices.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/11/15/danish-army-begins-pistol-trials-replace-sig-p210/

I sure love my P210s!
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
"SIG P-210" and "reasonable prices" are usually mutually exclusive phrases.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"SIG P-210" and "reasonable prices" are usually mutually exclusive phrases.
View Quote
TRUTH!
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My bet is.....GLOCK.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Sadly, when the change does occur, all those P210s will be scrapped, and not put on the collector market.

It's the way things are done in Yurp now.

Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Wold be nice but I’m not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:37:21 AM EDT
[#6]
The last batch of reasonably priced surplus P210s came from Denmark in 1995 and were sold through Hämmerli, some of them were refurbished before being sold. Danmark had originally purchased about 27,000 pistols.

If I remember, prices had started around $600 or 700 back then. A surplussed or used SIG Sauer P226 sold around $450 at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My bet is.....GLOCK.
View Quote
yep
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I would be very happy to own an older 210. I will keep my fingers crossed as anything under 1k would be just fine. I want nothing to do with any modern sig product.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Grail gun, right there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Too bad laws couldn't be altered to allow CMP to acquire them.

It would definitely make their sales go up
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Even if the CMP were allowed to import them, the Danish government would not be allowed to export them.
It's EU policy.

Move along, nothing we, or anyone else, can do about it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:46:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Even if the CMP were allowed to import them, the Danish government would not be allowed to export them.
It's EU policy.

Move along, nothing we, or anyone else, can do about it.
View Quote
Can you please state which EU policy you are referring to? These are not restricted weapons and Italy just sold off a few of their Berettas if I am not mistaken.

Italian Police Surplus Guns
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:27:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Sure would be nice if they could legally export them to the U.S.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#14]
For instance, all the Dutch Walther P5s that were/are being replaced by the police only model P99Q are being scrapped, under rules of the contract to purchase the new Walthers.

H&K has the same contract restrictions when their handguns are replacing others in the EU, the old guns MUST be scrapped.

Italy has much looser regulations about such things, but any of the manufacturers from Germany will not allow their pistols to be sold unless the old ones they are replacing are scrapped.

We won't be seeing any of the Danish P210s, count on that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#15]
If they are going to base the purchase on price, the Canik may be the winner.

Those P210s will sell quick here in USA
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For instance, all the Dutch Walther P5s that were/are being replaced by the police only model P99Q are being scrapped, under rules of the contract to purchase the new Walthers.

H&K has the same contract restrictions when their handguns are replacing others in the EU, the old guns MUST be scrapped.

Italy has much looser regulations about such things, but any of the manufacturers from Germany will not allow their pistols to be sold unless the old ones they are replacing are scrapped.

View Quote
What about all the HK P7 PSP German police trade ins?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#17]
How long ago was that?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My bet is.....GLOCK.
View Quote
I agree, its hard to argue against.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 2:08:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know that there is no E.U. policy that would prohibit the export to the U.S. but it is company policy to have the pistols of their own brand scrapped when they get awarded a new contract. SIG Neuhausen is long gone and European countries, like Danmark, can legally export the SIG P210 with an enduser statement and ATF import permit from an FFL08. I exported and imported enough guns myself to know that; like the two P210s pictured in my above post.

If the Danish guns will be sold here, remains to be seen ...
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]
They'll go Glock 17 Gen 4 just like other countries have.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a shame the US produced 210s are so damned hideous.  Same retard that did them is the one running around uglifying every damn 1911 they can get their hands on, I swear.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's a shame the US produced 210s are so damned hideous.  Same retard that did them is the one running around uglifying every damn 1911 they can get their hands on, I swear.
View Quote
I'm not a purist but I think the new 210s look better, with the exception of the target grips. Put some nice combat stocks on it and the new one is nice. I'd be interested in a Danish 210 if they somehow end up here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not a purist but I think the new 210s look better, with the exception of the target grips. Put some nice combat stocks on it and the new one is nice. I'd be interested in a Danish 210 if they somehow end up here.
View Quote
I despise the extended controls and the square trigger guard and the cheap slide serrations ( like the one colt uses almost exclusively now )....the gun is almost trying NOT to look like a P210 as much as possible.

The Legend Series was decent looking and I did like the new mag release......but we won't be seeing any of those anymore.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The last batch of reasonably priced surplus P210s came from Denmark in 1995 and were sold through Hämmerli, some of them were refurbished before being sold. Danmark had originally purchased about 27,000 pistols.

If I remember, prices had started around $600 or 700 back then. A surplussed or used SIG Sauer P226 sold around $450 at the same time.
View Quote
Think I paid $600 for mine, if memory holds.  One of my best purchases ever.  Also bought about 5 mags and heavier recoil spring pretty cheaply in that time frame.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm a buyer at $500.00. Any more than that and the S&W 952 that is a far better pistol would be the way to go if you want a tack driving 9mm , and willing to spend big bucks. in the end you can just buy a CZ 75B and your good to go .
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm a buyer at $500.00.
View Quote
Yeah, I'd pay $500-600.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay...I have to come clean here, Gunnut.  On Saturday I went to the Small Arms Review Show in PHX and ran into the local Sig pro shop guys......

They had a new one and I handled it.....

Okay, in person, they actually look pretty darn nice and though the grips are ugly...dear Lord are they comfortable.

I cannot lie to you...I want a Legend more....but I would have walked out the door with this.  I really liked it.

Still would prefer an original or a Legend....BUT....
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Okay...I have to come clean here, Gunnut.  On Saturday I went to the Small Arms Review Show in PHX and ran into the local Sig pro shop guys......

Okay, in person, they actually look pretty darn nice and though the grips are ugly...dear Lord are they comfortable.

I cannot lie to you...I want a Legend more....but I would have walked out the door with this.  I really liked it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey no shame either way, the Legend looks darn nice too. The only thing I don’t care for on the older ones is the safety placement, but I’ve never handled one so it might be perfectly intuitive. I’d be happy with either one, but haven’t come around to forking over the cash for either.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I hope the old ones hit the surplus market. That hasn’t happened with the Sig P210 in quite some time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top