Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2023 5:47:26 PM EDT
I’m pretty sure I know what the problem is here but just wanted some 2nd opinions to make sure I’m not overlooking something. My girlfriend bought a p10m. We haven’t put a whole lot of rounds through it but it’s got a few through it. I recently bought some reman ammo, from one of the larger well known remanufacturers that I’ve bought before and have never had an issue. The guns I’ve shot a lot of this ammo through include a cz ts2, cz p07, smith and Wesson csx, glock 43x, once again no problem. We were shooting her p10m the other day and it lodged a round almost all the way in the chamber but not deep enough to let it go into battery. I had to smack the front of the slide with a dead blow to get it freed up then inserted an empty mag to hold the slide back and put a plastic dowel down the barrel and tapped out rhe round. Noticed the case on it was a little bulged. Inspected the rest of the ammo and found that the bulk of it had slightly bulged cases. The p10m is the only gun having problems with it. I’ve got some new factory ammo on the way to put through it. Should I consider sending this thing back to cz regardless since it seems like the chamber may be too tight in it? I mean my ts2 eats this ammo no problem and I would expect it to have a tighter chamber than a p10. I handpicked a couple dozen rounds out that had either no bulge or only a very minimal bulge and the gun ran fine with those. Just not real sure which direction to proceed from here
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If you send it back to CZ and tell them that it doesn't function with crappy remanufactured ammo with bulged cases, they're going to (rightfully) send it back without doing anything to it and tell you there's nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you send it back to CZ and tell them that it doesn't function with crappy remanufactured ammo with bulged cases, they're going to (rightfully) send it back without doing anything to it and tell you there's nothing wrong with it.
View Quote

What I was getting at, since the ammo runs fine in every other pistol I have, is it possible that the chamber is a bit small? You would think the ts2 would have a tight chamber and not want to run this ammo but it hasn’t missed a beat. I just find it odd that out of 5 guns there is only one that is having issues. It also doesn’t exactly inspire confidence since it’s her carry gun. While it may be crappy ammo, all my other guns eat it. Know what I’m saying?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
what if all your other guns have oversize chambers ?

Common dude, maybe the TS2 is sprung heavy enough to overcome it.
Maybe the P10 has a chamber thats Sami on the small end and the TS has Sami on the large end.

the thing i find interesting is you know the ammo is bulged (which I dont consider "crappy", I consider SHEEIT" and you are blaming ANY gun for not running with it.

buy decent ammo and dont worry about it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
CZ is notorious for having short chambers. You need to seat the bullets a little deeper until they feed and function 100%.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Does it run in REAL factory ammo, ie federal?

Shitty reman, even from a well known reman company, is still shitty reman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top