Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 8:35:50 AM EDT
TLDR 405 worth 100$ more than 105?

My eyesight is horrid. With contacts I'm 20/15, without near legal blindness. My glasses are thick, real thick.  I only wear my glasses at night & if my eyes are injured.

With my glasses I have a hard time sights. Without glasses I see nothing but blurs.  

But I can see a red dot.  It may be blurry, it may be a blob but I can see it and hit with it.

So now I'm looking at CTC lasergrips for my Jframe. (640 357mag)  I don't shoot alot of 357s, but I like the option.  

Is the 405 worth the xtra 100dollars over the 105?  I see with the 405 it's overmolded rubber with cushioning and the 105 is hard poly.

I don't want the larger grips.   Does the 405 add alot of bulk to the grip?

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The LG405 is very small but adds great recoil control.
I think it is about .1 ounce heavier than the Hogue Bantam grip.

You will like it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
U have the 405?  Hows the overall bulk?  Still pocket carry?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TLDR 405 worth 100$ more than 105?

My eyesight is horrid. With contacts I'm 20/15, without near legal blindness. My glasses are thick, real thick.  I only wear my glasses at night & if my eyes are injured.

With my glasses I have a hard time sights. Without glasses I see nothing but blurs.  

But I can see a red dot.  It may be blurry, it may be a blob but I can see it and hit with it.

So now I'm looking at CTC lasergrips for my Jframe. (640 357mag)  I don't shoot alot of 357s, but I like the option.  

Is the 405 worth the xtra 100dollars over the 105?  I see with the 405 it's overmolded rubber with cushioning and the 105 is hard poly.

I don't want the larger grips.   Does the 405 add alot of bulk to the grip?

View Quote

I wanted the 405's but when someone offered me a new pair of 305's off a combo they had for $60, I jumped on it.  I carry mine in my front left pocket.  Makes getting those few rounds on target.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
U have the 405?  Hows the overall bulk?  Still pocket carry?
View Quote

I have the 405's on my M&P340 CT.

Pocket carry is easy and they're well worth the money. They greatly help control the gun and protect the web of your hand, which J-Frames can put a beating on. The 405's tend to fit the hand noticeably better than other models IME. Less room for any movement equals a better grip.

CT grips have no more effective home than in J-Frames.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input.

When I bought my 640 it came with full size CTC grips in hard polymer. Shot great with them but preferred a smaller grip for carry.   So I sold in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Went with the 405.  Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By psegnatelli:
U have the 405?  Hows the overall bulk?  Still pocket carry?
View Quote

I’ve had several, don’t have one right now.
Everything M4 said above is true.

The LG405 is probably the best grip going for an Airweight or Airlight.
No more bulk or weight than factory grips but much more controllable and comfortable to shoot.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top