Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2019 4:36:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  I’ve been looking for some of this stuff for a long time.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
With 9x18 and .380 in certain circumstances you might not get enough penetration with the wide-open HPs. Some shooters use FMJ for this reason. I use Hornady Critical Defense 95 gr HP. It has a much more pointed HP bullet with a polymer plug in it which provides initial penetration as well as extreme expansion. I guess we need some carcasses to test on!

Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: texashomeserver] [#3]
Critical Defense runs at 1,000 fps, the Corbon's and others ( like Buffalo Bore ) run about 1150-1200. The folks on the Gunboards makarov section do recommend if you are going to use the faster ammo to use a Wolff recoil spring. The extra power 19 lb. was preferred. The 21 lb. spring was used by folks who carry Underwood's 115 grain hard cast, and practice often with it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
A small update, I would give this ammo a hard pass. Novelty round. Corbon moved from SD to somewhere, and currently doesn't answer their phones or email. Website is abandoned. No telling what the the bullet really is. Starline brass and a NOS bullet is the best guess. Whether this has any real world application, as opposed to the Underwood with a XTP bullet, who knows? Without a chrony and gel test - just no.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I already use a Wolff extra-power recoil spring in the PA63 as part of their PA63 trigger-pull tuning kit but I'm not planning on using any faster ammo than the CD with it because of the aluminum frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top