Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 12/2/2023 9:40:23 AM EDT
I scored a used FNX9 at Cabelas for $375 I'm thinking to have converted into a Tactical by PMM and will buy a EFK threaded barrel.

Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
i just sent mine off thursday to NC engravers for optic cut/cerakote/sight install. Whether its worth it will be subjective. I just got the efk right before black friday. Im currently preppping the frame for stippling. pics in a week probs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard to say. What is the cost of conversion? If you don't mind the cost and it is something you want to do for yourself, why not?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
Hard to say. What is the cost of conversion? If you don't mind the cost and it is something you want to do for yourself, why not?
View Quote

$500-600 including the barrel depending on slide options at PMM. So I'd be in about $1k on the gun.

I already own several 509T and 509CT, but miss the double strike capability. Sometimes ammo like BELOM has failure to fire due to light primer strikes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:22:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#4]
That's not bad of a price with the barrel included. Of course, if you ever resell it, you would probably lose out but for yourself as a keeper, that is not that bad. I couldn't get used to the da/sa trigger on my FNX9 and eventually sold it to get the 509T. I added the PMM comp. to mine and it takes a little time to fit it just right onto your barrel. The Youtube video makes it seem easier than it is. I don't know if they make one for the FNX9 or if you are thinking about getting one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By patw:
That's not bad of a price with the barrel included. Of course, if you ever resell it, you would probably lose out but for yourself as a keeper, that is not that bad. I couldn't get used to the da/sa trigger on my FNX9 and eventually sold it to get the 509T. I added the PMM comp. to mine and it takes a little time to fit it just right onto your barrel. The Youtube video makes it seem easier than it is. I don't know if they make one for the FNX9 or if you are thinking about getting one.
View Quote

I have one of those on one of my 509T and it's great. Probably won't fit the EFK barrel though and profile on the end of the FNX9 slide. I'm probably going to eventually run it suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Any progress on these builds? I would like to do something similar.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mattellis2:
Any progress on these builds? I would like to do something similar.
View Quote

Sorry, this project was deprioritized in favor of buying a Huxwrx Flow 7.62 Ti and ATACR 1-8 DMx (FDE). Priorities.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top