BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2020 7:05:27 AM EDT
Opinions? Issues? Trigger?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Owned an xdm 4.5 .45ACP
Correct me if wrong but the 10s are built on the same frame. Posted everywhere that it underwent a 10k torture test. Etc, etc.
Trigger is fine, never felt a g29,20,40 so cant honestly compare its primary competition, although the takup to wall was much smoother than a stock g22.3
To XD is bold, giving up some aftermarket (and arfcom) love.
Ultimately, there is nothing new to knock against it that i know of. Standard L&G rifling, there was a roll pin issue that i never confronted personally but that seems a very simple/cheap upgrade to insure a problem free investment. Mags are nice and affordable with an OEM capacity thats hard to beat.
Consider your decisions around what a 10mm is needed for...
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Reason for going with the 5.25?

I have three XDMs (3.8c 9mm, 5.25 9mm, 4.5 OSP 10mm, which is actually 5.3" due to threaded barrel).

I've had zero issues out of any of them. I have about 18k rounds through them collectively, and Ive never encountered a problem yet.

The triggers are typical of any striker fired pistol. Nothing to write home about. I've upgraded all mine to PRP triggers. I have one of each that they offer (drop in, match, extreme) and I think the match is a good balance, but that really depends on your intended purpose.

The 10mm uses the same frame as the 45ACP so the magwell is a hair bigger. So they don't feel the same in the hand which bugs me but that's the trade off to have the best mm.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Got mine when they came out.  It replaces a long owned G20.

The XDm 100 5.25 is much more comfortable to shoot, more accurate & user friendly than the G20.

The trigger is far better than a Glock and as nice as my XDm 5.25 9mm that I use for practical pistol shooting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I own 2 XD-9’s and they have been amazing shooters, My EDC XD-9 has 10.7k rounds through it and has never skipped a beat.

The stock triggers are your standard striker fired feel and function. They are built well and built to last IMO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Get it - you won’t be sorry. I thought on it for a while and wish I did it sooner. Very accurate and comfortable to shoot. PRP drop in trigger, stainless guide rod and 22 lb. recoil spring. Shot all kinds of 10mm ammo, from Rem. UMC to Buffalo Bore - never had a malfunction. One of my favorite pistols.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#6]
With the Elites just being announced I’d be inclined to wait to see if a 10mm comes out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top