Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2020 6:48:06 PM EDT
Hey Everyone,

Good news and bad news......

The good: I get to stop wearing this horrid back brace tomorrow!! Yeah!!!! I can carry concealed again!! Also, my PPS arrived at the lumber yard on the 6th.

The bad: I have been pretty immobile the last several months and gained enough weight that I am concerned about room in my pants for IWB. Worse, WA now has a 10 day waiting period even if you have a CPL. The gun was delivered the afternoon of the 6th. I left town about 10am and missed it. I tried to get them to have me sign the paperwork before I left in order to start the 10 day count. They wouldn't do it. So tomorrow morning i will start the paperwork and 10 day wait period on a gun that's been sitting for 10 days. They just don't seem to understand that I am pretty much a four year old on Christmas morning when it comes to new guns. I have my new reloading press, dies and supplies to load 9mm sitting here and no gun.. :(
Okay... I am done wining. Here is the question:

I have been using the Alien Gear Velcro holster to carry my PPK attached to my back brace. My plan was to order the Alien Gear IWB as soon as I am able to carry it. My concern is my expanding waistline. I am afraid the AG IWB will not fit in my pants any more.

Can you recommend a comparable IWB that is lower profile? Or recommend an alternative concealed carry rig? I typically wear Wranglers and a T shirt. When Summer gets here it will be cargo shorts instead of Wranglers.

I had looked at appendix carry but read some horror stories about self inflicted gunshot wounds due to an incorrect draw. My first thought was "practice drawing properly on a regular basis" that will solve the problem... Still I am a bit reluctant to go down that road. What is your take on the perceived hazard?

Maybe I should look at the Alien Gear Shape Shifter and carry OWB until I loose some weight....
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Vedder Holsters....appendix is as safe as any other carry position. If you shoot yourself in appendix position, you're gonna shoot yourself in the 3/4/5/6 position. Learn to draw from a holster and train accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I second Vedder holsters.  On my PPS M2 I went with a light tuck.  I like having a minimal profile on my smaller handguns so I can carry them if I am wearing basketball shorts or other clothes that might print with a bigger holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top