Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2019 12:26:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out]
Saw a Para with a nice 5" Colt Series 80 POLISHED slide at an LGS and it got my attention.  Didn't have time to handle it today, unfortunately.

Other than the shiny Colt slide and double stack lower, would there be anything desirable about this one? Used iirc.

They also had a new Remington R1 Talo Ed. with a polished slide, gold Ruger emblems on the slide, and matte black lower.   But in commander length.

Obviously I've been looking to put a little bling in my 1911 world lol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Para started in the frame kit business.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:57:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
I like a Glock 21, but the double stack 1911 Para seems like a fat, heavy bitch in my hands.  I prefer a single stack.

Pass if you haven't fired one first.

The Remington may have a cast frame, so you may want to research that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a fat, heavy bitch, but it was my first firearm purchase, and the SACS made it a pretty good nightstand gun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of us prefer fat heavy bitches!
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:05:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#5]
Thanks for the information ya'll!

I had a new P12 (complete upper/lower) when they 1st came out, but it was stolen.  I jumped through hoops and spent money to get it 100%. It was my 1st gun and I learned quickly about the short vs full length 1911 "thing" lol.

After reading the Colt 1911 review by @Miami_JBT I realize this LGS's Para-lower has the Colt old roll mark series 80, as mentioned, appears to be polished stainless steel.

Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Miami_JBT's Retro Gun Review
View Quote
I'll be stopping by to take another look at it.  I'm mainly only interested in the slide tbh.  iirc it was priced well and obviously used.

… forgot to ask.  How scarce will the double stack mags be?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember they started off a kits. I'm curious how it looka.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slack_out:

I had a new P12 (complete upper/lower) when they 1st came out, but it was stolen.  I jumped through hoops and spent money to get it 100%. It was my 1st gun and I learned quickly about the short vs full length 1911 "thing" lol.

After reading the Colt 1911 review by @Miami_JBT I realize this LGS's Para-lower has the Colt old roll mark series 80, as mentioned, appears to be polished stainless steel.

I'll be stopping by to take another look at it.  I'm mainly only interested in the slide tbh.  iirc it was priced well and obviously used.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slack_out:

Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Miami_JBT's Retro Gun Review

Mec-Gar makes them, and they are everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Got to put my hands on it this weekend. Very good condition and included 2 factory mags, marked Para that were fully polished like the Colt slide and thumb safety. Still on the fence on this one...
Top Top