Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2019 5:22:37 PM EDT
Apparently not all 1911 rail guns are created equal, or the same for that matter.

Picked up a Combat Rail Unit Colt.
I had a couple of safariland holsters for a springfield 1911 rail, but the colt won't fit at all.

Anyone have a maker that will cover it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending  on the weapons light you can use the same holster as a Springfield TRP.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 3:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Safariland makes 6004 series holster for the surefire bolt on rail. That's the one you want if you plan on putting a x300 on it. After calling safariland and haveing one made because they are no longer standard production in black. I've had mine for 2 years now with a x300u-b and it fits perfectly. Another option is tap rack holsters if you'd prefer a belt mounted kydex holster for a x300 or tlr. I have one of those also and love it. The combat units finish is the toughest I've ever seen and shows no wear from lots of draws from it. The combat unit and all newer colt rail guns have a beefed up rail as a result of the m45 tests and the frames cracking from heavy shooting. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I plan on trying to make one of the ALS holsters for the TRP work. I’m going to try and use a surefire 300 on it. I hate the SLS system that the 6004 uses. I use ALS for my Glock at work and I’ve had to use the SLS for the m9 but the thumb bail is absolutely annoying. MARSOC screwed up by requesting for the SLS instead of ALS.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a Galco that’s nice .
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s annoying is what it is. All of my railed guns spec differently.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
If you get the safariland als meant for a Springfield operator with a surefire x300 it will fit the colt rail gun without a light. I have the colt combat unit rail gun so it has the beefed up rail like the m45a1 marsoc pistol. I’m eventually going to heat up the safariland and drill some some new holes to modify it and see if I can get the lights to fit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s annoying is what it is. All of my railed guns spec differently.
View Quote
Yeah, I'll say. I've been looking forever for an OWB holster for my M45A1 which runs the Inforce APL.

I'm not positive but the APL may be *close* to the size of the SF 300x, but so far nada's hit the radar.

Obviously, the two big variables are the dimensions of the rail and the make of the light. Change one, and you have to find a new holster.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I talked to a guy from safariland and they said they be doing a 7T holster for them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I had some luck looking for holsters that were specc'd to the M45a1, since they use the same frame.  I ended up going with an OWB model from First Spear.  Really liked the holster, and it fit the gun perfectly.  I know they make light bearing models as well, but I don't remember which lights off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 5:57:37 AM EDT
[#10]
KT Mech
G-Code
JM Custom

Just off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a video i’m Going to post for my YouTube channel ExplorinInTheWoods about my colt rail gun and the holster I use
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top