Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2021 9:07:21 PM EDT
I got my hands on a couple of Colt Barrels today.

The first is pre WW1 and not marked Colt, it is P H marked with a 5 on the bottom and a 5 on the lug.

The second is marked Colt 45 Auto with a G on the bottom and a P on the lug
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The first one is only valuable to people with an unmolested WWI M1911 with a shot out barrel that need a replacement to make it "perfect"...not many of them around. Not sure what years or manufacturers those markings would be for (Probably Colt, maybe Springfield?), which would narrow down the window of value even more. Throwing it into a chromed mixmaster...well, no one's going to pay a premium price for a correct barrel to do that.

The second one is only valuable to people with an otherwise unmolested Colt M1911A1, not sure what years those cartouches were in effect, with the same basic parameters as the other barrel..unmolested, barrel in need of replacement. A bit more of these around.

Best bet is to look on ebay or gunbroker for approx values..
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Before we talk about value for collectible 1911 barrel. We need to see the condition. Both type will be expensive if everything checked out as original and in very good to excellent conditions.

A lot of time you will find those old barrel are pitted and like sewer pipe, as well as refinished. In that condition, no more collector value.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are in good shape and not dinked with, they are both worth good money to the right person.

FWIW, I sold a pre WW1 1911 barrel for almost 3K several years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top