Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2023 5:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mogdude]
Hi anyone have an idea of the value of one of these in mint condition  ? only 100 rounds thru it also hase a fitted Barsto 9mm barrel  TIA

The 9mm barrel is an extra barrel the gun is still in its  original 38 super form 9mm barrel added for versitility

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The 38 supers command a premium simply due to availability. Very few are made compared to 9mm and 45. With the custom work I’m betting $2k as low end.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 2:22:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USPguy] [#3]
I'm going to roll against the tide here.

The gun is no longer stock, it's been altered. Unless the work was done by Clark Custom (or another high end GS), that lowers the value some. In short, it's no longer possible to be a Colt collectible.

I'm thinking well below $2K, somewhere in the $1200-1300 range?

Let's page Mr. Mays to the courtesy phone.  

@ken_mays
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 2:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ken_mays] [#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
Sight unseen, I would say $1000 would be about the most you could expect.   If the barrel is well-fitted and the gun still has the original barrel, box, etc., it would be worth a little more IMO.  $1300 or so would be my guess.
View Quote

Would you agree or disagree that the bbl change completely drops it from any sort of collector desirability? Can't put toothpaste back in the tube sort of thing?

I also wonder if there's a bump in accuracy from the Colt bbl to the Bar-Sto bbl? There certainly would on a Springfield bbl, but I'm not positive on a Colt?

Your thoughts?

@ken_mays
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
The way OP described it, the 9mm barrel is a second barrel.   If it was fitted halfway decently, it'll probably be noticeably more accurate.    Assuming the original barrel is still with the gun, there's no value lost IMO.
View Quote
You are correct OP edited above
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Put it on gunbroker.  I’d guarantee at least 1200-1400.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't get .38 Supers wholesale, other than a couple of high end race guns, not 1911s.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top