Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2020 8:10:57 PM EDT
Looked at a US property marked gun today. Any help would be appreciated regarding proper serial number range and markings.
Every one I have seen in person or in pictures has the property marking on the frame directly below the ejection port
This one today it was far forward on the frame ( sort of like the old 1911’s but on the right side of the frame. Anyone think this is legit?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looked at a US property marked gun today. Any help would be appreciated regarding proper serial number range and markings.
Every one I have seen in person or in pictures has the property marking on the frame directly below the ejection port
This one today it was far forward on the frame ( sort of like the old 1911’s but on the right side of the frame. Anyone think this is legit?
View Quote
I have not seen one with the property mark in that location.  I am no expert, but I have seen a few.  Is it blued or parked?  My dads' is blued with wooden grips.  It was an OSS issued pistol.  They are very accurate pistols and soft shooting.

Regards
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
The serial number range for .32 pistols is 541103-572215.  Info came from Edward Meadows book, US Military Automatic Pistols.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
They're making these again, maybe it was a new one?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're making these again, maybe it was a new one?
View Quote
This, I have seen a couple for sale.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top