Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:08:50 PM EDT
I've always had a thing for vintage custom revolvers and most 3" Smiths. A longtime buddy wanted to move some stuff around in his collection and after some horsetrading I picked up this Brazilian 1937.  The lockup is tight and it shoots great.   A S&W swivel and pin are arriving tomorrow from Numrich to replace the missing originals.  The Eagle grips are great for carry but, don't seem to look right. Any body have suggestions alternative grips or a line on some worn OEM service grips that I might be able to pair with a Tyler?

ETA- New grips.

Picked up a pair of repros from Numrich for less than $50. The medallions are a bit hokey but, I was very pleased with the fit and quality otherwise. The Numrich swivel was in rough shape but, it will be a placeholder until I can find a cleaner part. I'm thinking of adding a bronze tyler T-grip

Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm always on the lookout for a small variety of unusual/odd grips, holsters, rucksacks, etc.
One thing that's worked well, but requires some patience, is to put my very specific search in ebay, save the search, and go thru the daily emails I get on those items.
Plus keep a watch on the EE, S&W forum classifieds, those type of places, I would put a "wanted" add online, people have all kinds of stuff they see no value in that I might just need.
Nice gun.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Bill Jordan grips may be worth a look

Nice looking gun!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
That revolver is HOT HOT HOT.  Love it.  If you go over to smith and wesson forum, there may be someone selling original stocks over there.  Or that type.

I love the chopped down N frames.  They'r cool.   A guy on Smith and wesson forum has one similar and I did a drawing of it.  You probably seen it but not sure....

Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That is awesome!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey OP, how about a set like these paired with a tyler. I think it would look great. These came from ebay.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey OP, how about a set like these paired with a tyler. I think it would look great. These came from ebay.
https://i.postimg.cc/RVy77wHm/IMG-1190.jpg
View Quote
That's more in line with what I'm looking to find. The Numrich repops have goofy medallions though. Please let me know if you can find a link or source for the grips on your M28.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's more in line with what I'm looking to find. The Numrich repops have goofy medallions though. Please let me know if you can find a link or source for the grips on your M28.
View Quote
Like I said they came from ebay. IIRC about $35. One of the Thailand sellers. If you can't find a set (I got these a while ago), I'm sure you could contact one of them with a picture, and have them make you a set. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Like I said they came from ebay. IIRC about $35. One of the Thailand sellers. If you can't find a set (I got these a while ago), I'm sure you could contact one of them with a picture, and have them make you a set. Good luck!
View Quote
Found the seller on Ebay but, he is out of stock and unsure of when he might make another batch. I gambled on the Numrich repros and am pleased. Pics added to original post.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I sort of liked the Eagle "FBI" style stocks on that chopped DA .45. I have a set of smooth ones.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:47:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Old workhorse, looks good.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks really good.  I am thoroughly envious!!!  It's a beautiful revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top