Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2020 9:03:55 AM EDT
Got and Shot.

Photo above:  Bare factory pistol.

Photo above:  Open.  UltraDot survived Mini-14 and 870 slugs.  The .22 will not hurt it. Long skinny hollow blast diverter, not short fat one.

Photo above:  Closed.  Brace clear of mag and controls and grip and trigger because of L shape, not the A shaped ones that get in the way folded.

Photo above:  Fits in foam briefcase, just barely.  Perspective defies a better shot.  Closes with out touching frame.

Photo above:  6” Shoot N Sees.  Zeroed with Blazer 40RN from fifty box, then Blazer 40RN 20 rounds, then Fiocchi 40 CPLRN 20 rounds.

The SIG brace and Ruger grip do not work together for hand clearance.  I swapped on an AR GI pistol grip that does not fill up and back so there is room under the hinge for your hand.

There are two locations for the two slot SIG Brace in the Charger’s three 1913 slots.  The upper two or the lower two.  You have to use the upper two in order for the hinge to clear your hand.  

The SIG brace is dead straight.  It works how it is supposed to work.  A plain RMR or any mini dot on the Charger rail would be too low.  The UltraDot is higher and the SIG brace is perfect viewing automatically down the center of the red dot tube.  Preferences may vary there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one but a few friends do, its a 10/22 and works just fine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an older one that was with a full laminate stock.

It is very reliable,like all rimfires reliability is related to ammo....Hey its a 10-22.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
This one looks interesting.  Must be a new version.  No wood.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#4]

You can make it look like this
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow!  Don’t even recognize the base gun.

Maybe to my picture, add:
-SIG Folding Brace (half the price ah the gun)
-Mini Green Dot
-Flash forward diverter
-Longer magazine

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
As with all 10/22's reliability depends a lot on which mags you use and what ammo you use. Some are jam-o-matic's and some run like a top straight from the factory.

Factory ten round mags tend to be super reliable with rare exceptions.   I am a big fan of the Ruger BX-25 mags..  I have found that some individual BX-25 mags need the 22 LR shell upgrade to the magazine follower.  A few need either tape or some auto body bondo work to get the feed angle correct for reliable feeding of cartridges. I like to smooth out the magazines feed ramps and polish them to a mirror finish.   These steps can take a gun that jams, double feeds, or is slightly unreliable and turn it into a great running firearm.  

I invariably polish the interior of the rifle or pistols receiver and all contact faces on the bolt to ensure smoother function of the system and increased reliability.  

None of these improvements are particularly difficult.  You can Google how to make the improvements and find clear directions on how to complete all of them at home.  

I have three 10/22's right now with all three only failing to fire when a shell has a bad primer.  I have had another dozen or so that I have built out and sold off over the years that all ended up being great rifles that were totally reliable with the adjustments noted above.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine has yet to jam

It's a 10/22, so it's pretty much only going to jam if it's super dirty or if the ammo is faulty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top