Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2023 7:40:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nacho-Man]
Yay!! My first shit stain lol.
This was sitting in the case at lgs for $149.99.
Have a LCP and P3at that have been
my go to pistols for grab and go carry.
Not a bad lil pistol, the only thing im not liking
is that internal lock. Test fire coming up soon, find out
if it will run lol. Any advice for a first timer with
a fancy Taurus?

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck and shoot the heck out of it. My only good experience with Taurus was their warranty dept and that wasn't that great the 2nd time before I traded it off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Owned a half a dozen Taurus over the years.  Oddly enough all of mine worked fine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Why waste your money????Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#5]
They stopped making the TCP for a reason.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
To be honest, im not gonna lie some of the fit and finish is not bad.
Im a little shocked actually.
Lets here it for the lil Taurus that could.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Go shoot the hell out of it. During that time period some were good and some went back for repairs before they worked right. Every gun maker has gone through this so don't worry about the shit some people write, just shoot it first and you decide if it's a keeper.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:16:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nacho-Man] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluealtered:
Go shoot the hell out of it. During that time period some were good and some went back for repairs before they worked right. Every gun maker has gone through this so don't worry about the shit some people write, just shoot it first and you decide if it's a keeper.
View Quote

Thanks for the encouragement, i did check the mag for slide stop bullet clearance. Everything looks good, took the barrel and went ahead and gave the feedramp and chamber a light polish.
Front sight has been painted and ive ran snapcaps to help slick the trigger a smidge. I think everything is gonna wrk out great.
Just waiting on my bracestamp to go shooting
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:10:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chalupacabra1] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nacho-Man:

Thanks for the encouragement, i did check the mag for slide stop bullet clearance. Everything looks good, took the barrel and went ahead and gave the feedramp and chamber a light polish.
Front sight has been painted and ive ran snapcaps to help slick the trigger a smidge. I think everything is gonna wrk out great.
Just waiting on my bracestamp to go shooting
View Quote

I had one. A few stoppages when new.  I then  made the same mods as you did, and I did trim back the slide stop tab that engages the magazine follower, because the slide stop did get engaged numerous times by heavier, round nosed ammo.  I don't recall what brand or grain were the culprits. Hornady Critical Defense FTX ran flawlessly.  I did sell it to a buddy though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top