Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/9/2021 7:05:25 PM EDT
XL.   Been shooting with a guy(IDPA) who is using his XL, and he is doing pretty well with it.   I shot a few mags thru his, and kinda liked it.  Definitely liked the size/weight for a smaller carry gun.  Usually carry a 4.25” lightweight *lol* 1911 or a CZ P01.

Should be fun, like any new gun.  At least it’ll push me to swap dies on the Dillon and load some 9.
My LGS is holding the next one in for me, 590.00.   See a few online for a little less, but I’ll buy there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Good choice, will be much more enjoyable for you on all counts.
Cp
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They're neat little carry pistols, for me,
a little quicker from concealment and with
a RDS just as self defence accurate 3 - 25yds
as any 4" gun I own.
Hope you find the same.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I did like it more than I thought  I would.  5 or 600 rounds will tell me if I’m keeping it.   Just going to shoot it for a while before I go all in.
Really moderate recoil for a small gun in 9.   The one i shot had a RDS.  Not ready for that yet, but it was nice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did like it more than I thought  I would.  5 or 600 rounds will tell me if I’m keeping it.   Just going to shoot it for a while before I go all in.
Really moderate recoil for a small gun in 9.   The one i shot had a RDS.  Not ready for that yet, but it was nice.
View Quote

I shot a 365 and a 365XL before I bought an XL. The 365 was not for me, but I’m getting close to 1000 rounds through my XL and at this point I don’t know what it would take for me to change to a different 9mm for CC. I’ve already sold two 9mm pistols since I bought it, and in the end it may be the only 9mm pistol I keep.

Also, I would suggest using two relatively inexpensive accessories, while you’re making your decision. Adhesive grips(I used Handleitgrips, instead of Talon, for the XL, because it had the cut-out for the Sig Sauer logo) and a Pro Ledge base pad.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
.. and a Pro Ledge base pad.
View Quote
...never heard of those - off to look
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:18:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.. and a Pro Ledge base pad.

https://tactical.dev/products/sig-p365-xl-pinky-plus

OP, if you have medium to big sized hands, invest in these for your 12 rounders. The flush fit 12 round left just the tinniest gap in my grip which while not a deal breaker, was just enough to be annoying. These fixed that problem without adding a bunch of length to the grip. They made the xl grip frame absolutely perfect.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I do have big paws, I think the one I shot had something like that, maybe the same one.  Thanks for the link.  

Today is Dillon day,
I’m going to finish up loading my run of 40, then change over to 9 and put together some test loads.  Just about out of my stock of cheap factory 9.   Fortunately I laid in a case of 124 gr HST and have plenty of that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the xl upper on a regular lower. Makes carry super easy and I got the longer slide/red dot mount/flat trigger all going on.

Buy a 507k right now and add it. Honestly. I’m as accurate with my Sig at 25 yards and the dot as I am with my Les baer 5”.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have the xl upper on a regular lower. Makes carry super easy and I got the longer slide/red dot mount/flat trigger all going on.

Buy a 507k right now and add it. Honestly. I’m as accurate with my Sig at 25 yards and the dot as I am with my Les baer 5”.
View Quote

I knew you liked yours.  I believe that is the same dot that was on the one I shot.  Once I found the dot, hits were pretty easy.  I’m not quite ready to migrate to a dot gun yet.  

Are you having any issues switching from a dot gun back to a sight gun?  I still have a few good years of competition shooting left in me, and I do pretty well with irons.

It’ll be nice to lose a little weight from this. Alloy frame too, with 9 230 gr.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Forgot to ask, do these prefer any weight of 9?  I have most weights of bullets in stock.  My other 9s do well with 124 gr under a medium charge of HP38.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, the juice is well worth the squeeze
It almost doesn't make sense the gun
shoots as well as it does.
I've got a Magguts 14+ 1 kit being delivered
today, if that proves as reliable as the
Shield kit's I've had...
Damn impressive
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I was shocked at how well that small gun shot, once I found the dot.
Cleaned off the Tex star at 15 yards with 10 shots.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Gorgeous range backdrop and nice truck brother!

I have no regrets at all with my 365XL. It truly shoots like a bigger gun. I'm down to two 9mm handguns, the 365XL and an FN 509 Mid. Both are solely for HD/SD. Both shoot really nice for me, and I trust my/loved ones lives with both.

Sad to let go of all the nice 9mm builds I did over the years, but with ammo pricing they saw little to no use. So we focus in on guns that will get used..

As for ammo... mine will eat anything I've fed it thus far. Even 115g Aluminum case. 115/124/147 all run flawless. I've yet to try my 150g HST, I've only got 40 rounds of that.

For carry, 147g HST. But, I just scored a brick of Speer GD JHP 124g +P. That should work every bit as good.

Truthfully, anything from 7-15yrds all work well. I shoot a 7" bullseye target and they all stay where I want them.

I do cheat though.. Holosun 507k X2 red dot. Makes it way too easy.

Congrats my friend, post more pics of your range! I'm jealous!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the input guys.  I have held off on getting anything smaller than mid size for carry, but all the positive feedback and shooting a 365 was enough to change my mind.   Just waiting on the call from the LGS.

That range is likely the finest around.  About the only thing they don’t cater to is slingshots.

Cameo shooting and education complex.   240 miles west of Denver, but in my backyard.  CPW must have thrown us a bone after the wolf vote lol. Millions spent so far.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Many steel targets, including dozens up the side of that mountain out to 600.
A separate long range precision rifle range is not shown, 1800 yards with steel and strobes to call hits.
Multiple clays courses with SxS rentals for transportation.
Archery courses.

Come out and I’ll give you the tour.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely spectacular. What a cool range! Enjoy the heck out of it my friend.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I knew you liked yours.  I believe that is the same dot that was on the one I shot.  Once I found the dot, hits were pretty easy.  I’m not quite ready to migrate to a dot gun yet.  

Are you having any issues switching from a dot gun back to a sight gun?  I still have a few good years of competition shooting left in me, and I do pretty well with irons.

It’ll be nice to lose a little weight from this. Alloy frame too, with 9 230 gr.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/18330687-90DB-4A81-92EF-AB3711448E69_jpe-1973691.JPG
View Quote

It takes a little practice but I acclimated to the dot in no time. Did some sighting in at the range. Then a few days of dryfire and it’s faster than iron sights.

It extends my accuracy range with a handgun snd makes anything closer faster than irons. Can’t argue that
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I knew you liked yours.  I believe that is the same dot that was on the one I shot.  Once I found the dot, hits were pretty easy.  I'm not quite ready to migrate to a dot gun yet.  

It'll be nice to lose a little weight from this. Alloy frame too, with 9 230 gr.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/18330687-90DB-4A81-92EF-AB3711448E69_jpe-1973691.JPG
View Quote
Certainly lightens the load.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://tactical.dev/products/sig-p365-xl-pinky-plus

OP, if you have medium to big sized hands, invest in these for your 12 rounders. The flush fit 12 round left just the tinniest gap in my grip which while not a deal breaker, was just enough to be annoying. These fixed that problem without adding a bunch of length to the grip. They made the xl grip frame absolutely perfect.
View Quote

I concur. I bought them for all my mags (2 12's and 2 15's) Not only do they look better, they actually function better over the OE baseplate design.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Who's holsters? They look great.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who's holsters? They look great.
View Quote
Ronin Leather Holsters, Dave does a great job and these are very affordable with a turn around time usually less than 2 weeks.  His communication is outstanding and will make it how you want it, not bad for an old veteran!  The two examples above are exceedingly comfortable and I would absolutely buy from him again.
Ronin Leather Holsters
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ronin Leather Holsters, Dave does a great job and these are very affordable with a turn around time usually less than 2 weeks.  His communication is outstanding and will make it how you want it, not bad for an old veteran!  The two examples above are exceedingly comfortable and I would absolutely buy from him again.
Ronin Leather Holsters
View Quote

Thank you brother!
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Another goody that's cheap, and works well. Hogue HandALL

They're a PITA to install (I use Windex) but after a 24 hour dry time it's on like Donkey Kong. As much as I truly love the factory Sig grip module texture, these just seem to work for me at least. Palm swell is really nice, and the infamous Hogue rubber is the best.

Not for everyone, but worth a shot.

After unloading a few select higher end pistols, I went bat-shit crazy and bought the ZEV Z365XL. Not really worth the extra cheddar over a stock Sig, but I like having the irons on there as well. ZEV should have used the Trijicon HD's like I had to install, the factory units are useless when the RD is mounted.

Also, Sig, are you listening? Please redesign the slide to have full irons with the dot mounted.

Also procured the Streamlight TRL-7 Sub. Just in case I want 2 home defense guns at the ready. Options...

And I've said this elsewhere, these guns shoot like a bigger gun. Seriously. I've had enough trigger time with it and my FN 509 Mid. To me, it shoots every bit as good. Much, much better than a Glock G43 I unloaded as well.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I concur. I bought them for all my mags (2 12's and 2 15's) Not only do they look better, they actually function better over the OE baseplate design.
View Quote

Try a magguts +2 kit, it's a hair shorter, 2.5 x the price but you pick up 2 rds
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Try a magguts +2 kit, it's a hair shorter, 2.5 x the price but you pick up 2 rds
View Quote

I'll have to research that.

But truthfully, I'm still gawking at OP's truck & shooting range...
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'll have to research that.

But truthfully, I'm still gawking at OP's truck & shooting range...
View Quote

This is the range I’ve belonged to for 20 years in grand jct. nice place but Cameo is boss.   We had a work day today, and I spent it checking fence and picking trash.  At least I had the ride for it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Looking back to the line.
Attachment Attached File

Rifle line, and a 3 legged mascot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you used those long term?
Always been curious about the reliability of those.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#27]
In my Shield, yes, 100%,
Just got one Thursday for my XL I cleaned the mag
and put the kit in last night, loaded it, let it sit over
night,today I emptied / filled it a couple of times and
ran 100rds of 124gr S&B and 50rds of 124gr HST.
I ran it full + 1, same as I carry, ran it slow and fast,
Every round fed as it should, slide locked back every
time, perfect function.
The base plate extends 3/16" further than the Sig plate,
no significant change in concealment.
I do think, if you start with a good clean mag tube, make
Sure the kit' s installed properly so the spring and follower
travel smoothly, good to go.
If I get the same results next time out, I'm gonna carry it
and order a couple more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Another goody that's cheap, and works well. Hogue HandALL

They're a PITA to install (I use Windex) but after a 24 hour dry time it's on like Donkey Kong. As much as I truly love the factory Sig grip module texture, these just seem to work for me at least. Palm swell is really nice, and the infamous Hogue rubber is the best.

Not for everyone, but worth a shot.

After unloading a few select higher end pistols, I went bat-shit crazy and bought the ZEV Z365XL. Not really worth the extra cheddar over a stock Sig, but I like having the irons on there as well. ZEV should have used the Trijicon HD's like I had to install, the factory units are useless when the RD is mounted.

Also, Sig, are you listening? Please redesign the slide to have full irons with the dot mounted.

Also procured the Streamlight TRL-7 Sub. Just in case I want 2 home defense guns at the ready. Options...

And I've said this elsewhere, these guns shoot like a bigger gun. Seriously. I've had enough trigger time with it and my FN 509 Mid. To me, it shoots every bit as good. Much, much better than a Glock G43 I unloaded as well.

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aeqHzSx9T3R.jpg
View Quote

I tried the Hogue and it wasn’t for me. The top edge doesn’t feel right with my grip and it doesn’t solve the problem of getting some textured grip for my thumb. Maybe, someone can explain to me why Sig doesn’t texture the modules all the way up through the thumb rest. Even their latest module - on which they focused so greatly on the texture - for the Spectre doesn’t have a textured thumb rest.

Adhesive grips have worked very well for me. I clean the grip surface well, take my time lining them up and do a good job heating with a blow dryer. They’re cheap, so when they begin to wear - which takes a surprisingly long time - I replace them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I tried the Hogue and it wasn’t for me. The top edge doesn’t feel right with my grip and it doesn’t solve the problem of getting some textured grip for my thumb. Maybe, someone can explain to me why Sig doesn’t texture the modules all the way up through the thumb rest. Even their latest module - on which they focused so greatly on the texture - for the Spectre doesn’t have a textured thumb rest.

Adhesive grips have worked very well for me. I clean the grip surface well, take my time lining them up and do a good job heating with a blow dryer. They’re cheap, so when they begin to wear - which takes a surprisingly long time - I replace them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/D82D515B-C44F-4BF9-97B7-02F8F86810A9_jpe-1980394.JPG
View Quote

First off nice job on the install. Clean. I had a Talon grip wrap on my G43, made a world of difference. You're right, they're cheap and easy to replace if/when they wear out.

Pic whore the ol Glock..

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Love my 365XL.  I added the Holosun and Tlr 7 sub. I'm still working on my grip, especially left thumb placement (ride the edge of the light?) but it really does carry like a pocket gun and shoot like a full size.

I keep hearing about Cameo but haven't made the trip yet. I've got BLM land 8 minutes from my house but I'm not sure I feel comfortable shooting steel out there this year due to all the fire danger. I may have to make the extra drive out your way. Looks like one he'll of a range.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't really understand the X. Why have the xl length grip with the shorter slide?  You can still use the 12rnd mags.

I guess maybe you want as short length as possible if you appendix carry?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't really understand the X. Why have the xl length grip with the shorter slide?  You can still use the 12rnd mags.

View Quote
Or maybe one prefers the extra grip length for better purchase?  The length difference in the slides really doesn't make a difference in appendix carry, if anything the XL is a bit more stable due to extra 3/4" inch slide.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Or maybe one prefers the extra grip length for better purchase?  The length difference in the slides really doesn't make a difference in appendix carry, if anything the XL is a bit more stable due to extra 3/4" inch slide.
View Quote

My point, so why not just go with the XL and get the added velocity and longer sight as well?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My point, so why not just go with the XL and get the added velocity and longer sight as well?
View Quote

I'm with you, don't really get the "X" variation. I get it that some would like it, but feel the XL is great as is. And just do the original 365 for pocket carry / deep concealment.

Choices are good, better than not.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
The G19x is the same design, isn't it? 19 slide, 17 grip?

As for mags, yes - you can use 12s and 15s in a 365, but there is a difference between having a mag as the grip extension and having a solid, unmoving longer grip.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm with you, don't really get the "X" variation. I get it that some would like it, but feel the XL is great as is. And just do the original 365 for pocket carry / deep concealment.

Choices are good, better than not.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly, I have both and have tried swapping slides and modules but,
I carry appendix and prefer the longer holster anyway so, I carry the XL with 407K AIWB most days in the summer and keep the 365 for rare pocket or Enigma carry
but to each their own.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

As for mags, yes - you can use 12s and 15s in a 365, but there is a difference between having a mag as the grip extension and having a solid, unmoving longer grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just switched my 365 slide to an XL frame and I love it. The thing I didn't like about the 365 frame with the 12 round extenders is that they made the grip curve inwards too much, if that makes sense. It made the angle of the grip feel wonky. The XL frame doesn't seem to do that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just switched my 365 slide to an XL frame and I love it. The thing I didn't like about the 365 frame with the 12 round extenders is that they made the grip curve inwards too much, if that makes sense. It made the angle of the grip feel wonky. The XL frame doesn't seem to do that.
View Quote

I can certainly see someone who already has a 365 getting the XL grip. Cheap to buy, and a super easy swap. That makes sense..

Enjoy the added grip length!
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

that's the opposite of what I did. I have the long (XL) upper on a short (regular ass 365 lower). I carry at 3 o' clock  and it's nice to have the option of short and well hidden with the shorter mag but be able to bump up.

I wanted the XL for the pre-cut slide, flat trigger, and longer barrel. also the X proper wasn't out. I would have bought that and done the short grip. Cheaper to buy a whole gun with a cut than replace the uppers/slides or have them cut.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can certainly see someone who already has a 365 getting the XL grip. Cheap to buy, and a super easy swap. That makes sense..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will, thanks! Its really all about the interchangeability - I prefer the longer grip but recognize the value of the shorter grip.  I'll likely keep it on the XL grip module 90+% of the time but if I need a more compact pistol I'll have one in about 2 minutes, and then back to the XL when the need passes.  I know some accomplish this with mag extensions but like I said before it's really not the same thing, at least for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

that's the opposite of what I did. I have the long (XL) upper on a short (regular ass 365 lower). I carry at 3 o' clock  and it's nice to have the option of short and well hidden with the shorter mag but be able to bump up.

I wanted the XL for the pre-cut slide, flat trigger, and longer barrel. also the X proper wasn't out. I would have bought that and done the short grip. Cheaper to buy a whole gun with a cut than replace the uppers/slides or have them cut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Stevie What holster are you using for the P365 lower with the XL upper for 3 o’clock carry?

Just curious. Thinking about trying it and I know the regular 365’s will 9 times out of 10 fit in a P365XL  holster for most holster brands
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#42]
I’ve got a 365XL and carry it with the XL slide and 365 lower. I carry it in either an Incog or JM Custom holster
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#43]
You all drove me to this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been carrying my mutant P365L (XL upper/standard lower) appendix in a Slicc holster for about a week. Spare 12rnd mag in a Neo-mag. Not a bad setup.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I’m going to have pick up a few more mags.  The 15 rd look like I’ll get a bit more grip, not sure if needed, but my pinky is just off the grip with the 12.  Gotta check out the mag bases that hang out a bit more.  
First I better shoot a couple hundred rounds

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm going to have pick up a few more mags.  The 15 rd look like I'll get a bit more grip, not sure if needed, but my pinky is just off the grip with the 12.  Gotta check out the mag bases that hang out a bit more.  
First I better shoot a couple hundred rounds

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/7B6DDDDB-10F5-4310-8F64-4905C1DDB9C3_jpe-2049413.JPG
View Quote

If that is a recent production model, curious as to the function of your manual safety.  Can you engage the safety when the pistol isn't cocked?  
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Not sure about that safety function.  I’ve only taken it down for cleaning and lube, SIG did well with the takedown lever.

I did find the slide can be retracted with the safety engaged, but I didn’t see if I could engage it with the striker down.

I assume it is recent production..
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not sure about that safety function.  I’ve only taken it down for cleaning and lube, SIG did well with the takedown lever.

I did find the slide can be retracted with the safety engaged, but I didn’t see if I could engage it with the striker down.

I assume it is recent production..
View Quote

Yeah, it’s a damn good design, but a little finnicky to put back together if you accidentally knock the actuator bar out of it. Another nifty little feature is that you cannot insert a magazine with the takedown lever spun down to remove the slide.

Found that our when I was changing to an Icarus frame and went to test the mag release While I still had the gun apart. Those cheap bastards don’t include a mag release, you need to bogart the one off your factory grip. (Which is a pain in the dick with a set of punches. Best fucking tool for those is a phone sim card removal tool, oddly enough.)
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I’ve done quite a few mag release button swaps, I found using an Exacto blade knife works really well. Still a bit tricky on the first try, but it’s like magic once you get it down.

Carry on..
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, the safety works striker in either position.

I hit the range today, about 150 rounds.  I think I like it.
Range report in new thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top