Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2023 11:18:04 PM EDT
How hard is the self-install of their parts?

I have a Shadow 2 and want to do their $300 kit that comes with the hammer, trigger, springs, bushings, etc.

I've done complete teardowns of other firearms, have done plenty of AR builds, have my Glock armor certificate, and I'm not a complete noob.

Just want to make sure that it's not too crazy as I really don't want to screw up this gun. It's a lot of fun to shoot ??
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Aaaaand I did more digging and found another thread.  🙃

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/How-difficult-is-the-Cajun-Gun-works-pro-package-to-install-/37-208852/
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]

I installed one of his excellent kits in my P-09

It's more complicated than a 1911 inside, more tiny springs, and stuff, but not bad.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Cajun gun works also has a youtube channel with good detailed breakdowns of various CZ actions. I would say it's probably intermediate level difficulty due to several small parts and springs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Also reference Brian Enos forum, I think the thread was called “Professor Atlas Guide to Tuning the CZ” or something similar.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
You can do it.  It's a gun, not brain surgery.  Plenty of guides to follow, any part you take off, can be put back on, just don't start grinding on stuff and you won't run into problems that can't be fixed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I've done an 85C, P-07, and P-09. Multiple videos out there. The best advise I can give is take your time and have a large clean work area with a mat. Several small parts used that can go missing if you're not careful.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not hard. I've done 2 SP-01s and a P-01.

There are some good threads on the brian enos forums on what to polish while you're in there as well!

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/191773-cz-tuning-101-with-professor-atlas/

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not too bad. One shortcut you can do is also buy a hammer strut, this way you can skip hammering out the hammer pin. You also may want to grab an addition sear spring, just in case.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s no Glock, but it’s not bad. I’d rather install the CGW on a Shadow 2 than disassemble/assemble a P320 FCU.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not quite lego, but it's close.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Agree with post above. Get the tutorial off of Enos' forum by Atlas. Cajun parts are great. If you have any mechanical aptitude, you should be ok. David at Cajun was very helpful when I ran into a couple of minor issues with disco tolerances and spring tensioning.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#12]
All of my CZ's are Custom Shop models, so all the goodies were included with the guns............................  
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Metonymy:
How hard is the self-install of their parts?

I have a Shadow 2 and want to do their $300 kit that comes with the hammer, trigger, springs, bushings, etc.

I've done complete teardowns of other firearms, have done plenty of AR builds, have my Glock armor certificate, and I'm not a complete noob.

Just want to make sure that it's not too crazy as I really don't want to screw up this gun. It's a lot of fun to shoot ??
View Quote

Way more experience than I had when I did the install on mine.

🤷🏼‍♂️
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:16:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SV650Squid] [#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By theguymontag:
Also reference Brian Enos forum, I think the thread was called "Professor Atlas Guide to Tuning the CZ" or something similar.
View Quote
I got you fam.

I've done 2 and some extra polishing on a CZ Custom gun.  It's not bad.  The only risk is the $30 disconnector that, at worst, you take too much off of and the reset is a little longer than you want or you buy a second one.

Here's my 2 gats with full CGW kits (and CZC 12 lb mainsprings so I can set off small rifle primers).  Looking at 5# and change DA and 2# SA.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Following up here. Finally ordered the kit last weekend and it arrived midweek.

Did the install and had the issue where I had to polish down the face of the disconnector.  I got a little aggressive and I have a tiny bit of creep, but it's not horrible. Debating on getting another disconnector and redoing that one part, but it's probably not worth it at the end of the day. It's not like I butchered it, but I'll admit I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Everything else went beautifully; just slowly as I learned my way through this particular firearm.

Good to be past that initial learning curve.  Could do these in well under half the time of this first one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Metonymy:
Following up here. Finally ordered the kit last weekend and it arrived midweek.

Did the install and had the issue where I had to polish down the face of the disconnector.  I got a little aggressive and I have a tiny bit of creep, but it's not horrible. Debating on getting another disconnector and redoing that one part, but it's probably not worth it at the end of the day. It's not like I butchered it, but I'll admit I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Everything else went beautifully; just slowly as I learned my way through this particular firearm.

Good to be past that initial learning curve.  Could do these in well under half the time of this first one.
View Quote
That's kind of how it goes

I will note that if you're comparing it to a 1911 trigger, there will be more perceptible creep.  I don't find that it makes a difference on the clock though (I'm primarily a USPSA shooter).
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SV650Squid:
I got you fam.

I've done 2 and some extra polishing on a CZ Custom gun.  It's not bad.  The only risk is the $30 disconnector that, at worst, you take too much off of and the reset is a little longer than you want or you buy a second one.

Here's my 2 gats with full CGW kits (and CZC 12 lb mainsprings so I can set off small rifle primers).  Looking at 5# and change DA and 2# SA.

https://i.imgur.com/DwBv67o.jpg
View Quote

What optics are those and is that a lens cover?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:28:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SV650Squid] [#18]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:

What optics are those and is that a lens cover?
View Quote
SRO and it is a lens cover for occluding the sight. It is to inform you of when you're focusing on the dot instead of the target. Same concept as ACOG Bindon aiming concept or older occluded sights.

It's also great for bad lighting conditions that give you "ghost dots" like when the sun just crests the berm and you get weird reflections on your lens.

https://stonebridgegunworks.com/SBGW-TFTSUN-SHIELD_c_35.html
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Not a bad idea to look at the schematics and order a few extra springs.  Things get launched to easy never to be found again.  Ask me how I know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top