Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 11:53:16 AM EDT
In my new USPSA Adventure into Open, I need to reload. $300 per 1000 rounds of major ammo aint gonna work.
Couple of weeks ago , I picked up a bench from HF. It was on sale, for $119....so why not. If it wont work for reloading, it will be fine for smithing.

Best part is , the wood dowels, fit CZ pistols like a champ.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Yes, finally, and I have almost competed my collection.
9mm....... 2017 build. Picked this up over the weekend.

Attachment Attached File

and its little brother.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a Parrot yet?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have a Parrot yet?
View Quote
The top one is a czechmate. Which is a parrot without the plumage.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice find OP!!  Looks to be a thin trigger guard specimen with the fine checkering on the grip.  It took me almost 6 months to find a similar pistol.

I'm working up a 9mm major load now and plan to test during the winter so I'm ready come next shooting season!
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]
This has been my Grail gun for a couple of years......Thing is stupid fast.

Came with 4 mags and everything that is supposed to be in the box....2 of the mags are the 26 rounders, so i got a pretty good deal.

Now I gotta find a decent hangar for it.

May give the Black Scorpion Gear a try.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice.
My LGS had one for a few months, but all I could do is press my face against the glass and drool.
Someone took her home to meet the parents, but it wasn't me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Alpha X

Phenomenal race holster and mag carriers.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
went with the Alpha-X.....WELL worth the $

Attachment Attached File

Rest of the rig is Black Scorpion Gear. Excellent product and inexpensive.

I had only run about 25 rounds through this gun, at dusk. So about 10 seconds worth of shooting.

Had a local match this AM and figured I best go get used to this gun. I usually finish in the middle of the pack no matter what.

Well......today was 2 things different. Open division (Open minor), and a  Division win, 2nd overall.
w00t!!
(may as well call it a win, as nobody ever beats the Master shooter).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The top one is a czechmate. Which is a parrot without the plumage.
View Quote
All I'm hearing is "not a Parrot".
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
went with the Alpha-X.....WELL worth the $

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/49185125_10212949658356551_2749327158806577152_n_jpg-789211.JPG

Rest of the rig is Black Scorpion Gear. Excellent product and inexpensive.

I had only run about 25 rounds through this gun, at dusk. So about 10 seconds worth of shooting.

Had a local match this AM and figured I best go get used to this gun. I usually finish in the middle of the pack no matter what.

Well......today was 2 things different. Open division (Open minor), and a  Division win, 2nd overall.
w00t!!
(may as well call it a win, as nobody ever beats the Master shooter).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/1st_win_12_18_JPG-789217.JPG
View Quote
Niiiiice. I really need to start gaming....
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
again today, this Czechmate has proven a better gun can make a better shooter.

There were 2 of us in Open, so I cant call it a real win.

I did take 3rd in pistol and 10th overall. Coulda been 4-6th overall, but there were some n00bs that can tell when really worn out targets were hit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Another match yesterday and  love this thing so much, Ima buy another one

3rd on Open
15th overall.

Probably would have been 3rd or 4th overall if I would have just taken an extra second or two on each of the 3 stages I f'ed up, which was 3 of 5

I was trying to go a bit too fast. and I need to play with recoil springs.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#14]
1st stage win!
w00t!

loving this pistol more and more.
I changed recoil springs as I was having a bit too much muzzle jump. All gone now.... well shooting 115 S&B
I will say I was pulling the trigger a bit slower than last few times. Now that I see the muzzle is pretty flat, I can go faster.

Attachment Attached File

4th in division......couple of mistakes cost me second place.

Attachment Attached File

15th overall. 51 shooters
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope my "blog" here is not bothering anyone. the Comp Shooter section here is about dead, and this is not only about me, but how well CZ can make a shooter better.

Guess what I did yesterday.......I beat a Master. Does that make me a Master Beater?
Actually, he is the guy that introduced me to USPSA and coached me over the last year and a half or so.

I came in 2nd on this stage and one notch above him. I would say I got lucky, but a win is a win.

Attachment Attached File

Overall 5th, behind an "M", "A" and "B". I'll take it!

Attachment Attached File

I do have some good video, but its on facefuck and dont know how to get it on youboob. Well, dont know how to get it off FaceFuck.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#16]
not sure if this link will work, but I will post it anyways.

FaceFuck video
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Good work. I'd love to shoot competition but the embarrassment would be turrible!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good work. I'd love to shoot competition but the embarrassment would be turrible!
View Quote
You should have seen me when I started.

It takes time, but it is sooooooo worth it.

I feel I can take on John Wick and beat him
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#19]
well, shit.....whats another $2500

Meet Alvar (The Elf Army).

Attachment Attached File

Picked this up today, stoked! I also got to shoot some major 9mm.......it makes these soldiers work insanely good.
There is a LOT more violence that happens, but it is more loud and......vibratory'ish. BUT, I have about 1/16th of an inch of muzzle flip. They are SOOOOOOOOO much faster running Major.

Major = In a nut shell, ++P++++++ 9mm
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#20]
last match was a total shit show.....springs/ammoes problem = bad attitude+ DQ on stage 3.

LOL

I got pissed at havin' to eject a dozen or so rounds.....on my 2 array of targets, on stage 3, Said F it and called it a day.
drop mag, clear, slide, hammer, holster. Took two steps, PLOP, gun hits the deck. Done for the day no matter what.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Think I got everything sorted.  Consistent ammo, and some Cajun goodies. Springs, and extended firing pins.

Ran a couple hundred of the good ammo and played with springs.
Pretty much shooting 2-3" groups with a .15'ish split time. A zone hits.
For those that may not understand the splits.....I can get 6 and maybe a half shots off in one second.
So this gun is shooting pretty daggon flat as long as I do my part.
I keep telling myself I dont need to double tap sub MOA at 10 yards.

On to another project.
Since I now have a good work bench, we gonna finish up the Bling P-01.
I had bought some Cajun Stuff back in Oct/Nov?, so we need to polish it up and put it in.

Reach reduction kit, new disconnect, hammer, trigger spring, trigger pin, etc. This should get me setup the way it should be.
Goal is 5ish on DA and 2-2.5(max) on SA. My 75c is 6 on DA and 2.1 on SA, so this needs to be the same.

We need this stuff to shine like the rest of the gun.

Attachment Attached File

Before

Attachment Attached File

One of the 4 sides of the hammer. I only need to do the top half as the rest cannot be seen and no need to polish it of a smoother trigger.

Came out pretty good for about 20 min worth of 1500 grit and 10 min with some mothers.
hard to get the cam to pick it up, but it is 10x more smooth. I got 2 little spots I want to smooth out....then the other 3 sides, and the entire trigger.
Attachment Attached File

May take me a week
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
My first match I wasn't last. But I did get beat by an eleven year old.

I really need to get back out there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I managed to take two hours to polish these two parts, anything that can be seen once installed. At least they match the bling on the pistol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#24]
all done

Not as light as I was hoping for, but I can live with it as it is smooth as a babbies ass .

6lb on DA and 3.2ish on SA.
Feels way lighter due to how smooth it is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#25]
The Wed match is a wrap!
All steel.
5 stages.

For the last year or so I have been shooting this match, stage 5, no matter how its laid out, I completely screw it up.

NOT TONIGHT MOFO!

OVERALL stage win, Div win. I made that stage my bitch!
59 shooters, 7 PCC, the rest were pistols of different div.

I got 7th in pistols
11th overall,
4th in Optics/Open division.

Not too shabby, still loving this pistol!
Attachment Attached File

Got a video I may post up to Youtube.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate Youtube and their fucked up ass instructions. Needed to trim the video, followed every fucking online how to and the fucking menus were not there.
D/L a free editor, trimmed, uploaded. Needed to delete the other one....45 min later I find the fucking trash can icon, clear on the other side of the screen and looked nothing like any god damned image I found online.
That beta studio sucks fucking ass too.

Anyways, here is the PITA video.

Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#27]
We were squad 3, so we started on stage 3.
Here is Stage 1

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Another  Wed night match done.

45 shooters (6 PCC)

3rd overall
2nd in Pistols
2nd in Division.

I was right behind a Master the entire match.....If I do my part, I will be an A Class sooner than I was hoping. I may need to set my goals to be a Master before the end of 2019. Its not going to be an easy task .

1 pistol stage win. (2nd behind a PCC)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

and how I did in Div for all stages.

Attachment Attached File

P.S. I really do love this pistol.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#29]
well, I am making progress with this pistol and loving stupid hot +P++ ammo!

Shot two matches this weekend.

Sat (outlaw match)--- LOL, I sucked, but still got 17th out of 51 shooters, should have been in the top 5 overall. No excuses.

Attachment Attached File

Now, Sunday I was mentally there, and was shooting about 80% of what I can do. Not the best shooting but far from the worse I have shot.

I came in 7th overall of 47 shooters. 2 USPSA Grand Masters were in this, so I am pretty stoked to be so close to them.
6th in Div
1st in "U" Class (LMAO).

I was doing about as good as I could, and was very happy with where my head was....except the "Classifier". I think I put too much pressure on myself to getting my "A" class rating by summers end. I realized I am going to accomplish this no matter what and to stop worrying about it.

Attachment Attached File

Here is the one stage that put me in the "woke" area.

Attachment Attached File

I beat 1 Grand Master, 4 "A" Class, and I dont know how many other classes.
I was pretty much shooting as an "A Class" overall, and on this stage, I am was on a "Master" level, need to keep that up! .  I am pretty daggon stoked!

Its fun and intimidating to have folks call you a badass and "one of the better shooters". I just want to continue to beat better shooters, no fame, no glory. I do however would love for CZ to give me stuff to pimp them

I am betting I can make "Master Class" by this time next year. That is the Goal. GrandMaster probably wont happen, but I will give it my best shot. At 50 damned years old, I am not complaining.

On a side note, I shot my first match right at two years ago. Pretty sure I finished dead last out of 50 shooters.
I have been shooting my whole adult life, but doing it wrong 95% of that time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#30]
the sheer beauty of an Open gun in action

DAPS Wed night match 3-20-19
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Another Wed. night match in the books.

14th overall, out of 63 shooters.  10 PCC shooters

8th in pistols

2nd in division, and missed the win by 2 seconds

Still loving this Czechmate

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top