Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 8:51:08 PM EDT
Per Firearms News Magazine

"A spokeswoman for the Czech firm CZ Ceská Zbrojovka has confirmed their intention on purchasing Colt. "We will inform you about major developments in due course," she said to the German newspaper Die Welt. If CZ is successful in taking over Colt it could lead to some very interesting things. What do you think about it?"
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
So a company that literally has not brought spare parts for its flagship rifle into the country for 3 years is buying a company that has a history of failing miserably.  Seems like an appropriate allocating of time and funds.  

Bring the Bren 2S back, bring in the Bren BR, and give us some fucking spare parts and call it a day you Czech bastards.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
And dammit, make some Dan Wesson barrels.  .22 barrels go for more than their weight in gold these days.  Nevermind buying Colt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt, as an entity, has been dead and gone for some time now.

I'm surprised that PSA didn't buy the trademark.

Good luck CZ.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they gonna bring back the z-40
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Own many CZ's and 0 colts. Meh.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So a company that literally has not brought spare parts for its flagship rifle into the country for 3 years is buying a company that has a history of failing miserably.  Seems like an appropriate allocating of time and funds.  

Bring the Bren 2S back, bring in the Bren BR, and give us some fucking spare parts and call it a day you Czech bastards.
View Quote

Well maybe someone is looking for the ability to manufacture in the US instead of dealing with import laws.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:45:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well maybe someone is looking for the ability to manufacture in the US instead of dealing with import laws.
View Quote

They already own Dan Wesson.  If CZ wanted to build in the US they could.

Colt has expensive operating costs, no margins, and their tooling and equipment isn't exactly new.  The value is in the Colt name and the Prancing Pony.

Smart thing to do would be:
- Keep the revolver production at Colt
- Move the 1911 production to DW, and nuke 80% of the SKUs
- License the Trademark to someone else for the AR-15s.

And since I haven't actually ever seen a CZ built DW revolver, they can build those at the Colt factory.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:47:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Colt has expensive operating costs, no margins, and their tooling and equipment isn't exactly new.  The value is in the Colt name and the Prancing Pony.

And since I haven't actually ever seen a CZ built DW revolver, they can build those at the Colt factory.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The equipment Colt builds 1911s on is only about 10 years old or so.  They got new CNC machines around 2010 and supposedly the old stuff went to the Philippines (lots of people say this, never seen it verified).

That's why their 1911s got so much better around that time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The equipment Colt builds 1911s on is only about 10 years old or so.  They got new CNC machines around 2010 and supposedly the old stuff went to the Philippines (lots of people say this, never seen it verified).

View Quote

Could be.  They still have 58 separate SKU of 1911, which is madness from an inventory and production standpoint.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I find this interesting. I was in the market for one not too long ago and the Colts I found to be thoroughly unimpressive. Handled 3 different Colt Gold Cup national match 1911s. All were rough and rattletraps. I was shocked they let the first one out the door but the others were just like it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I find this interesting. I was in the market for one not too long ago and the Colts I found to be thoroughly unimpressive. Handled 3 different Colt Gold Cup national match 1911s. All were rough and rattletraps. I was shocked they let the first one out the door but the others were just like it.
View Quote

Weird.  Between 11 and 13 I owned over 20, all were pretty tight.

They were no Dan Wessons but they were half the price.

I did see on the forums some people got uneven dustcovers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top