Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2021 8:17:01 AM EDT
One of my favorite pistols is my SPO1. Lately I've been looking at the Shadow 2. All I'm doing is shooting paper and steel targets, is the Shadow 2 that much better? Anybody shoot both? My current SPO1 is factory stock, no upgrades.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've shot the Shadow 2 and it's a hell of a nice gun, the trigger is phenomenal but I haven't shot both so there's that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I currently shoot the S2 in USPSA and it is a fine pistol, but my prior SP01 Shadow was equally good.  I have heard some state the gun "feels different" but they both feel great to me.  I have doctored the grips for a better fit on both.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve shot the SP-01, A01-LD, Shadow 2 and Czechmate and honestly they all feel great and are all very accurate.  I’m not sure if I could tell a huge difference between them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Your SP01 has a firing pin block and the Shadows don't.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I wanted one of these really bad .I currently shoot a sp01 from the cz custom shop.After handling a regular blue one, and a orange, the trigger was alot nicer on my sp01.I have not shot a 2 yet ,but they just didnt blow me away like my shadow 1.If you are shooting a factory trigger, you have to try a custom shop, or cajun trigger, you wont believe how grear these can be.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your SP01 has a firing pin block and the Shadows don't.
View Quote
Not entirely true.  The true SP01 with a thumb safety does not, the "tactical" decocker models do.

OP: I evaluated this for myself last fall, but use case was different.  I shoot A LOT of USPSA.  I went S2.  Slightly better ergonomics and trigger I preferred.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I have both.  They both shoot excellent.  Trigger is great on both but the shadow trigger is much lighter.  

I would choose based on what you will use it for.  If competing get the shadow, otherwise get the sp01 and save a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I've owned both.  The Shadow 2 is much nicer, IMO.

If you had a tuned SP-01 then I'd say just stick with it, but since yours is factory then the Shadow 2 would be a definite improvement.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, I urge you to have a hard, hard look at the AccuShadow. It'll be like going from a Corvette to a Rolls Royce, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not entirely true.  The true SP01 with a thumb safety does not, the "tactical" decocker models do.

OP: I evaluated this for myself last fall, but use case was different.  I shoot A LOT of USPSA.  I went S2.  Slightly better ergonomics and trigger I preferred.
View Quote

Both the SP-01 Tactical (SKU 91153) and SP-01 with the thumb safety (SKU 91152) both are equipped with a firing pin block. The SP-01 Shadow, ostensibly discontinued in the US but occasionally seen at CZC and Oak Hill, does not have the firing pin block.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both and shoot both. I love them both, but if your SP-01 is bone stock, you will see a very big difference in the trigger on the Shadow 2.
Yes, it's worth the money.

Get one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I recently bought a CZ Shadow 2 and have been shooting it at local bullseye matches...only word to describe it, is...Unbelievably accurate.  Here is a pick of mine with new grips and a flat trigger that breaks at 1.8#.

https://imgur.com/Vgfvzrk
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the comments, I ordered one yesterday from Arms Unlimited. Hopefully have it a week or so.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I have both and shoot both in a league...the shadow 2s trigger is light years ahead of the sp01. Id love to have the barrel length of the sp01 with the trigger of the shadow 2
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#15]
The Shadow 2 has a much different grip angle.

Your webbing ride much higher than the SP-01, therfore if you are used to the SP-01 you will be shooting low.

Outside of that, a well tuned SP-01 (or even the Shadow 1) is every bit as good as the Shadow 2
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you like shooting your SP01 in DA? Or use the decocker?

The Shadow2 can be fired in DA but it does not have a decocker. So you have to manually ride the hammer down to let it decock. Or you can go half-cocked and engage the safety. I have been practicing myself at the range and have been successful in it.

Otherwise if you're into the whole hammer back, safety on carry then it'll be fine. The Shadow 2 wasn't meant to be carried but I guess nothing is stopping you from doing so if you want.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do you like shooting your SP01 in DA? Or use the decocker?

The Shadow2 can be fired in DA but it does not have a decocker. So you have to manually ride the hammer down to let it decock. Or you can go half-cocked and engage the safety. I have been practicing myself at the range and have been successful in it.

Otherwise if you're into the whole hammer back, safety on carry then it'll be fine. The Shadow 2 wasn't meant to be carried but I guess nothing is stopping you from doing so if you want.
View Quote

If you manually decock your S2 you should go to half cock, not hammer all the way down.  It's not drop safe with the hammer all the way down on a loaded chamber.

Since uspsa is tarded and makes you start in DA on guns that require trigger pull decocking, the only one I'd buy is the SAO for such comps.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you manually decock your S2 you should go to half cock, not hammer all the way down.  It's not drop safe with the hammer all the way down on a loaded chamber.

Since uspsa is tarded and makes you start in DA on guns that require trigger pull decocking, the only one I'd buy is the SAO for such comps.
View Quote
Then you're stuck in shitty Limited minor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I shoot a S2 in carry optics that has a CZC Accushadow milled slide, Cajun trigger and the kitchen sink thrown at it. I also have shot quite a few of the variants of the Shadow, Accushadow, Target, and CZC A01.

I’m my opinion it really comes down to how much runway you want on top end performance and if you will compete with it. My samples show the S2 has a ton of top end potential after you customize it. We are however splitting hairs. If I were you I would send that SP01 off to get cajunized before grabbing an S2. Stock to stock - the S2 is better in many ways but a custom SP01 punches well at or above a stock S2. The downside of the S2 is what makes it great for games - length and weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top