Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 8:21:58 AM EDT
I've been contemplating getting a second Shadow 2.  I saw that the factory SAO version is now available, but I can't find any reviews on it.  The SA trigger on my current S2 is pretty darn good, should I expect much of an improvement with the SAO version?  Maybe less pretravel and a slightly lighter pull?  Or is it just going to be a pretty standard S2 trigger with no DAO capability?
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-sa/
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't give you a true apples-to-apples comparison but I can provide my experience going from 75 series DA/SA to SAO. Two caveats:

1. This was done with CGW parts, though I have no doubt the CZC parts in a Shadow are of equal quality.
2. My pistol is an SP01, which has a FPB. The Shadows do not. So, the changes I experienced are going to be more drastic than someone starting out with a Shadow. That said...

The difference in SA pull is significant. You can adjust pre and over travel to practically eliminate both; my SAO SP01 has about 1mm of pretravel and literally 0 overtravel. Reset is much shorter, though no more or less positive than when it was DA/SA. Pull weight dropped by 1/2lb. I'm not a fan of DA/SA and have found the SAO mod to be transformative.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I just ordered the Shadow 2 SA so I guess I will find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mike92GT:
Thanks, I just ordered the Shadow 2 SA so I guess I will find out soon enough.
View Quote

Interested to see what you think of it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been fighting getting the shadow 2 or TSO. I love the feel of the TSO but buying new mags makes me say no.  Curious on results
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't found any reviews yet either. These are still pretty new. Interested to hear your thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
From the picture these are using the competition/race hammer.  Can't tell if its the thin or wide version though. I know common sense says it should be the wide but inexplicably CZ uses the narrow version on the Shadow 2 Orange and every Accushadow 2 I've seen CZC does the same.

Anyway, that being the case I'm sure the pull will likely be similar to a TSO's.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mike92GT:
Thanks, I just ordered the Shadow 2 SA so I guess I will find out soon enough.
View Quote

where did you find one in stock?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#8]
https://grabagun.com/cz-75-shadow-2-sa-blue-grips-9mm-4-89-17-round.html

Originally Posted By DonKey153:

where did you find one in stock?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got back from my FFL with my new Shadow 2 SA.  Initial impressions are very good.  The trigger on the SA appears to be aluminum and very finely serrated in the center.  It has a flatter profile than the regular S2 trigger.  Hammer is different, I'm guessing it's SAO-specific.  The trigger is adjustable for both overtravel AND pretravel, unlike the regular S2.  It came withe the extended safety installed and it's nice and positive.  My other S2 has a very mushy safety for some reason.
     The trigger pull feels pretty good overall.  I'm guessing it's around 3.25lbs.  The break is just a little crisper than my standard S2.  There is very little pretravel, which I like.  Reset is decent, not sure if it's any shorter, maybe just a hair.  The trigger initially felt a little gritty.  A drop of Slip2000 and some dry fire and it feels much better.  It could probably benefit from a light polish on the hammer and sear.  I had to do that to my other S2 as it had a horribly stagey SA trigger out of the box.  The rest of the pistol is standard S2, which I obviously like or I wouldn't have bought a second one.  No plans to change anything on this except the grips.  It will probably be replacing my G34 for 3 Gun.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I decided to do a light polish on the sear and hammer.  The trigger really feels fantastic now, any creep or roughness is pretty much gone.  I also went to tweak the overtravel a bit and found that the screw was totally loose.  I reinstalled it with some blue loctite and readjusted it.  Pretty happy with the pistol, I have an extra set of VZ grips I'm going to throw on it and I think it's done.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#11]
What’s the practical difference between a Shadow 2 SAO and a TSO
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:
What’s the practical difference between a Shadow 2 SAO and a TSO
View Quote

Magwell, thumb rest, heavier frame is what I can see. Probably a little more internal polishing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm surprised they didn't give it an optic cut, I realize the shadow da/sa can now be purchased optic ready and that is probably why. It's just a nice extra option since a lot of manufactures are going that way.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jmarkma:

Magwell, thumb rest, heavier frame is what I can see. Probably a little more internal polishing.
View Quote

Different mags too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I decided to do a light polish on the sear and hammer.  The trigger really feels fantastic now, any creep or roughness is pretty much gone.  I also went to tweak the overtravel a bit and found that the screw was totally loose.  I reinstalled it with some blue loctite and readjusted it.  Pretty happy with the pistol, I have an extra set of VZ grips I'm going to throw on it and I think it's done.
View Quote
Glad it's working out for you OP...SAO CZs have the best triggers out there this side of a quality 1911.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BAYOU1535:
I'm surprised they didn't give it an optic cut, I realize the shadow da/sa can now be purchased optic ready and that is probably why. It's just a nice extra option since a lot of manufactures are going that way.
View Quote

Until they allow SAO in carry optics they may not offer it. Don't know how many shoot the shadow 2 in open minor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Until they allow SAO in carry optics they may not offer it. Don't know how many shoot the shadow 2 in open minor.
View Quote
This was the only reason I put a CGW kit in my shadow 2 but kept the DA/SA trigger. Are there any reputable shops still milling slides right now?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By johndenverut:
This was the only reason I put a CGW kit in my shadow 2 but kept the DA/SA trigger. Are there any reputable shops still milling slides right now?
View Quote

Isn't primary machine still open?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Yup just sent in a gen 2 glock slide for reddot only
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:

Until they allow SAO in carry optics they may not offer it. Don't know how many shoot the shadow 2 in open minor.
View Quote

Which begs the question, why is SAO not allowed in carry optics? SAO is still a production gun but I assume its to keep divisions separate but lets be honest, carry optics division is perfect for open minor. I honestly don't like to keep seeing rules change but the manufacturers/what people want is the driving force. From what I can tell is that co/production/open is the most popular divisions by far, so the open guys can keep the major system and the majority or what appears everyone is gravitating towards which in co/open minor can have theirs. I also can't stand when people call co's, welfare open and I don't say that because I don't have a open or nor that I can't afford one. If everyone is being honest about an open, major/limited divisions most would be in open limited if the scoring was the same. Anyway let the DWX with an optic cut in co, lol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]
This was the only reason I put a CGW kit in my shadow 2 but kept the DA/SA trigger. Are there any reputable shops still milling slides right now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:

Until they allow SAO in carry optics they may not offer it. Don't know how many shoot the shadow 2 in open minor.

There a re quite a few, CGW, CZC, Primary Machine......however I settled on This place.

One of mine is there now. Milling, and custom kote job.

Guy is doing some really cool milling, so much different than anyone else.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top