Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2023 9:06:24 PM EDT
I just picked up this P-01 used (like new) today for $550 OTD.  It came with the grips on it.  I wanted to put grip tape on the front strap (Talon Tape).  But I'm concerned that if I remove the tape, it may remove the finish?  Anyone every had that issue?
Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that issue, but the paint/poly whatever the finish is called got dull on all my CZ  in short order. It's not the most durable finish. If it bugs you after it peels get it Cerakoted.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
My 20 yr old CZ85 has a 1/2x2” spot where the finish bubbled up and off.  You can see more on its way out.  Gets carried frequently in hot sweaty weather.  

Still shoot fine and is clean on the inside.  Little disappointed though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had issues with the coating bubbling or chipping in that manner, been using CZ since about 2012. I’ve had kydex wear, cuts and gouges from life, soaked the pistol in sweat, etc. and I am happy with the poly coat - one day I’ll do something like hard chrome or nitride but that’s just for variety, not that it’s needed from my experience.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I put 2 mags through this today.  Ran 100%.  And as you see, I added the Talon tape.  I have an order in with CGW for some springs to reduce the DA pull.

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Off topic but damn I have not seen a P01 Omega in a long long time.  Nice score is that an aluminium frame or steel?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Off topic but damn I have not seen a P01 Omega in a long long time.  Nice score is that an aluminium frame or steel?
View Quote

Aluminum.  And according to the CZ website, discontinued 2023.  I guess I got one of the last, as this is dated 2022.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top