Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2018 3:19:37 AM EDT
Have they fixed these guns with issues that have been posted on the web?  In 2018 is there a new version and how can you tell?
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say that many of the original P-10Cs did not have issues - my FDE has worked just fine through a couple of thousand rounds so far. :) Now there is a way to see the newer models with the upgraded striker system - look at the back of the slide, and at 3 O'Clock on the slide cover there will be a small square notch, for the part that keeps the striker fro moving. My P-10C White Nitride has this, and has likewise gone almost 1000 rounds now with no issues. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
This,
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
My Gen 1 never had any of the issues that were supposed to be problems. It runs great.  From what the picture shows looks like they addressed the sliding rear plate.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had any problems with mine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I will say after handling one. If I needed to leave Glock I would fo on one hard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve had two different P10C’s and both have been flawless. I’m hoping to trade for a FDE version this weekend.

I will say they have only been flawless while shooting them with real bullets. I haven’t sat at the kitchen table with a video camera trying to wiggle the slide or miss the trigger reset with endless dry firing.  David
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
There have been a number of minor changes and updates to the P-10 C. As LIL-Commando pointed out the only way to tell you have the newest model is the notch. However the number of guns the predate that change that had issues were few and most of the fixes are things the end user could just do themselves and I read that CGW is working on some fixes as well. There is a YouTube video where all of the known issues and fixes are discussed. Either way if you get an older one that has troubles CZ will take care of it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Another view of the 3 O'Clock notch against original.

Link Posted: 7/27/2018 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#9]
If it has the notch in the rear slide plate and an orange ringed front sight you have the latest revision.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it has the notch in the rear slide plate and an orange ringed front sight you have the latest revision.
View Quote
Not just orange front sights.  The FDE model I got last weekend is a newer model with a white ring front night sight.  David
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 12:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]
The orange front ring seems to be almost random.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the purpose of the notch?  Or, in other words- what were the updates that CZ made?

I had one of the first P10c's here in the state.  Had some issues that were more common. However, it still functioned fine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
The notch is a groove in the slide that goes down the side of the striker channel.  The plastic collar around the striker has a raised rib that slides in the grove keeping the striker from rotating anymore.  The other changes I have seen are in the locking block.  There is a nub sticking out that keeps the leg of the slide stop spring in place.  I'll try and pull the slide apart of my two P10Cs to get a picture of the different striker.  David
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is a 2018 striker on the left and a 2017 striker on the right

Here is the bevel that CZ put on the back plate on the left.  The one on the right from my 2017 gun is squared off on the left and right corners

2018 CZ has the metal guide rod with a threaded end compared to the plastic version in the 2017 gun

Not the greatest picture but I used a flashlight to light up the insides.  On the top slide it shows the groove down the inside that the new striker rides in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Awesome post, dwhitehorne!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I appreciate the pics! Given the manufacturing changes, it's pretty amazing they made those changes that fast.

My Gen1 has also been totally boringly flawless.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks so much for those photos, now I know what to look for.  Ive been holding off on these but now I may grab one of the latest gens
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here is a 2018 striker on the left and a 2017 striker on the right
https://s22.postimg.cc/ms5lkhqqp/IMG_0696_2.jpg

Here is the bevel that CZ put on the back plate on the left.  The one on the right from my 2017 gun is squared off on the left and right corners
https://s22.postimg.cc/6twvudby9/IMG_0697.jpg

2018 CZ has the metal guide rod with a threaded end compared to the plastic version in the 2017 gun
https://s22.postimg.cc/st3ahkl2p/IMG_0698.jpg

Not the greatest picture but I used a flashlight to light up the insides.  On the top slide it shows the groove down the inside that the new striker rides in.
https://s22.postimg.cc/8lpupa30x/IMG_0699.jpg
View Quote
Great post @dwhitehorne.  Thanks for the excellent pictures that show the differences.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top