Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2018 7:20:59 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Can someone give me some advice here.  I like the Broomhandles but don’t know enough to feel comfortable with making the right decision on my own.  What should I ask if I go back?  What serial numbers are there to check to be sure they match.  I know very little about this one but what price range should I be looking at.  The store is asking $2,500.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not mistaken, broomhandles made prior to the M30 will have a stock that has a matching serial number of the gun.  This might be a Mauser C96 1920 Dated Rework.  I bought my C96 from a Scheel's about 18 months ago.  You can negotiate on price. Stocks with attaching irons can go $1k+ if they're in good condition.

After taking another look at what I can see of the stock, I'm guessing it's not matching.  Looks like it's in too good of a condition.  If there's no serial number it's most likely an M30 stock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your tips on the stock
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a Bolo model that has been rechambered/rebored to 9mm.  It is not one the famed Prussian contract "Red Nine" of WWI.  I can't see enough of the stock to be sure, but it doesn't look close to being 80-100 years old.

The serial number on the "bolo" models are on the left side of the upper, if it's matching it means the other numbered parts of the gun match the last 3 or 4 numbers of the serial number.

Frankly even if it is a numbers matching bolo, it is way overpriced.  Any collector value is pretty much ruined by it being rechambered.  This puts it into the shooter grade imo.  Mauser c96 prices are all over the place but in this case I wouldn't go over $1000 if the stock is real and a lot less if it is a reproduction.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, I did pass on the gun.  There are others out there for sure that better meet my desire for a good history piece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top