Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2020 11:30:04 PM EDT
I'm looking to build my first polymer80, I waited too long (money has been very tight) and now it seems that all the complete build kits are completely sold out. What parts will I need and does anybody have any up to date places to get everything that has it in stock? Is there anything I should get separately that is a significant upgrade from what comes in the P80 kits? If there is I might as well go for it since I have to buy all the parts separately anyway. My total budget is around 600-650.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
First are you building one in 9mm, 40 S&W, or 357 SIG?  

For a 40 S&W or 357 SIG, you are better off buying OEM parts individually so that you get the correct parts for the caliber.

If you are building a 9mm, then go with either OEM parts, or I recommend the parts kits from Rockey Brass for non OEM.

And if you haven't done so, I would watch all of the Marine Gun Builder videos and also check out the Marine Gun Builder forum.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#2]
They are really easy to do, and I can second rockey brass. The hard part is actually finding anything in stock. Brownells is good for slides and parts as well. There is a big thread in GD that is worth reading.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I would also recommend you build with OEM parts, with the exception of the barrel. Understand, I am not saying Glock barrels aren't good, because they are, there are just a lot of good aftermarket barrels out there. I have only built two P80's, but one I put a Swenson barrel in, the other a KKM.  Both pistols function perfectly, but the accuracy of the pistol with the KKM barrel is noticeably better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
And finding the parts for a G19 or G17 build is a whole lot easier than finding the parts for a 40/357 and 10mm/45 build. Parts for a single stack (G43) build are hard to find too. I have done 2 single stacks (SS80 and PF9SS), 2 compacts (P80 940C and Strike 80), 3 compact long slides (940CL), and a large frame (PF45). I still need to find a slide to finish the PF45 build.

For OEM parts, I usually get them from Midwest Gun Works and for non OEM parts I go with Rockey Brass. I have used OEM, Polymer 80 and Zaffiri Precision for the slides. On the Strike 80 and 1 of the CL frames I built them in 40 S&W and used all OEM parts to include barrels in them.

And I will say it again. Watch the Marine Gun Builder videos.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I too want to get a real parts list. I don't need a barrel as i have a threaded barrel for a glock 17. I just need everything else. Ive been on rockey brass but a lot of stuff is out of stock. I think im just going to the PF940V2 which is the polymer 80 standard pistol frame kit. I just can't decide if i want a black or FDE frame.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The lower parts kits for the G17/940V2, G19/940C, and G26/940SC are all the same except for the slide lock spring.

Here are the different slide lock springs. Top to bottom: G17, G19, G26. Note that the Polymer 80 940SC, 940CL, PF9SS, and PF45 frames will come with and use the round coil spring.

Attachment Attached File

The only other difference between the 17,19, and 26 lower parts is the trigger shoe which is purely cosmetic - the difference is serrated vs smooth trigger shoe.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thread in “GD”. What’s GD? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thread in “GD”. What’s GD? Thanks
View Quote

General Discussion
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Here’s the link.. you’d have a hard time finding it otherwise. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Polymer80-So-easy-a-caveman-could-do-it-/5-2075494/
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The muzzle end of the slide has a LOT of lateral movement. Both with a Glock OEM slide and with my Statement Defense Overbite slide. It moves side to side so much that the guide rod cup on the end of the slide touches the dust cover of the frame. Lateral accuracy is bad. Is this common? Any remedy? It would be nice to have an oversized locking block so it could be hand fitted to tighten up the tolerances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top