Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2020 6:17:51 PM EDT
How squared off are the Brownells slides? They look pretty blocky in the pictures.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The originals were very blocky. They have improved a bit but still pretty squared off.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty square, but it fits in my glock 19 holster, just a tad tighter.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The newer ones are cut better than the old version. They don’t have rounded edges as smooth as factory Glock does but they are very nice and fit all my holsters fine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot pics are always required.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like mine. I like the lines and cuts.

The extractor cut out was too tight so I had to grind my extractor to fit.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243189/08F0FFED-8D41-4D3E-B37F-7E4ADB80F1D3-1082582.jpg
View Quote

Good looking setup. I plan on getting another for the p80 I just got.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Front and rear of the slide have 1/8" bevel and along the top sides about 3/8" bevel.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Looks great. I was also looking at the Zev Tech Omen slide.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!

There are definitely more expensive and fancier slides, but the Brownells slide and combat armory barrel have worked since I got it. Probably only 500 rounds so far but no complaints. The frame probably has another 1000 on it. Maybe more.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks great. I was also looking at the Zev Tech Omen slide.
View Quote

Not sure if the Brownells are made by Zev or not but they’re listed as having Zev technology or something.  One thing I like about them is how deep their RMR cut is.  I can co witness XS F8 sights with a 507c.  Also, when I got mine it was cheaper to buy a brownells slide than have a slide milled
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 5 of them, fit and finish is great. Matched them up with Faxon barrels and haven't had a single problem. Can't say the same for the Swenson slides, one of them needed a bit of tweeking. I have one more frame left and not sure what to do with it but most likely get a Brownells slide.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a 17 and 19 both Gen4 slides.  Work great they fit all my holsters and they are just not rounded off as much as the standard Glock slide.  My 17 is an earlier one and the edges are pretty sharp but works perfectly.  The 19 I just got less than a month ago they have tamed those hard edges and it fits all my holsters.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Brownells it is.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had excellent luck with Remsport/TR Enabling. Great stuff economically priced. Picked up a new Glock 17 Gen 3 Nitride slide from their Fleabay store for $155 and it is flawless. Fit, function, and finish were as good or better than other slides I've purchased.
LINK

Their 1911 slides and barrels are gtg also.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought one recently for my 19. Who's the go to for slide parts kits? OEM or other. Brands to avoid?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I bought one recently for my 19. Who's the go to for slide parts kits? OEM or other. Brands to avoid?
View Quote

OEM.

I haven’t seen one in a while. Midway usually has the best price.

Aim has good prices on their house brand one and it’s made the US. I bought one but haven’t fired it yet. Also in a brownells slide.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#17]
This thread is relevant to my interests. I just ordered a couple P80 frames I want to build out.

Wasn’t sure if the Brownell’s slide was worth the money or what other alternatives are out there. Want to build as “economically” as possible.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone use a Combat Armory slide?

They're on sale and am wondering how good they are. Just a bare stripped slide but at $120 I don't know if that's a good price for their product.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How squared off are the Brownells slides? They look pretty blocky in the pictures.
View Quote

They are "chamfered" vs. "radiused" like OEM.
If you want the OEM look then take a look at Lone Wolf, Remsport, Spinta, Legion Precision.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not sure if the Brownells are made by Zev or not but they’re listed as having Zev technology or something.  One thing I like about them is how deep their RMR cut is.  I can co witness XS F8 sights with a 507c.  Also, when I got mine it was cheaper to buy a brownells slide than have a slide milled
View Quote

Not sure if this is the case or not but this video from Facespace from May 2017 lead me to believe that the slides are made by Primary Machine https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10154676359502992
I'm in the process of building a couple up and will post pics once complete...I had no problems with tight extractor cut or anything like that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They're on sale and am wondering how good they are. Just a bare stripped slide but at $120 I don't know if that's a good price for their product.
View Quote

Man I would really look into what you’re getting. That’s not somewhere to skimp
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

1) You are hijacking.

2) If you are a cheap bastage, you might want to give them a try.
Their low cost barrels have gotten OK reviews.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

1) You are hijacking.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) You are hijacking.

Sucks Brownells upped all the prices on all products. I just saw an rmr 06 there for $550 ish. lol. They are getting to the place where they are no longer a budget option for slides. For the cheap finish, I might try something else with my next one. Getting up into the $250 range, for $50 more, you might could find a better looking and feeling slide.

If that combat armory was rmr cut, I’d for sure jump on it. Even if it was a little more.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Finished my Roland Special clone yesterday (well not entirely as I don't have the optic for it yet)

The Bronze is more of a dark brown...FDE is pretty much FDE (still need to undercut, stipple and install the mag well on the FDE one)

Interesting that I bought two separate Aeriglo suppressor sights and the rear sights are different.

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I did a 19 and a 34 using Brownells slides and Glock frames. They have been great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top