Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2022 9:58:05 AM EDT
Thoughts on my G3C and role plan to use it in - Maybe will help some folks evaluating the pistol.

Was never excited about this pistol - Came to purchase it on price alone. Sportsman's Warehouse was selling them for $259 w/ $25 rebate. Checkout at $274 - $249 w/ the rebate - At that price figured why not.

Always liked the looks of this pistol. GREAT ergonomics and grip texture. Pistol feels and carries nice - Fits my hand and presents well (6'1' 195lbs). Trigger is not great, takes getting used to (yes, second strike blah blah IMHO not necessary). Am worried about accidentally engaging the safety but have not done so yet, may just be a mental bugaboo. Finish isnt great but fine at the price - Field stripped, lubed, and polished feedramp. No major noticeable QC flubs. Like the blacked out rear sight. Accuracy is OK.

Added Ameriglo front nightsight ($26), Lakeline SS guide rod ($30), flat mag plate ($5), Blackhawk Stache IWB holster ($40). The Stache is VERY lightweight, and very modular, but two piece design pinches my hands often. Probably wont buy another one.

Overall, package conceals well in appendix, and if it goes another 3/400 rounds without a firearm related malfunction will be carrying it. Quite frankly, the idea of carrying a reliable firearm at this price point, not being worried about scuffs scrapes and dings, is extremely appealing (I know finish wear shouldnt be a consideration but cant help myself).

The whole 'cant beat it for the price' slogan around this firearm feels true to me. This entire setup cost me <$360.

Some pics of the setup.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Pistols are like woman...every cat has a different perception of the perfect one.....If the G3C works for you, it doesn't matter what I think.

18Z50
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Right on

Does that make us cats??
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LewisMeriwether:
Right on

Does that make us cats??
View Quote

Yes....Undoubtably you are a cool cat.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m a Glock and Sig classic guy but I own 7 G3C. I just bought 5 for the whopping price of $201 each after rebate. I currently am carrying one in a Vedder Light Tuck and I carry safety on and train that way. They are great pistols and definitely can’t be beat for the price.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Have had a G2C for some time now.  Carry it often.   Absolutely nothing wrong with these.  My Glocks spend more time at home.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I won a G3C in a local raffle last year. It does fine, no complaints from me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up one from Rural King for the same price with rebate.

I was pretty surprised with it and quite happy with it. I want to put a red dot on mine but not sure if ill just get a plate or pick up a TORO conversion kit.

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone else's not feed steel case ammo? I tried Barnual and the slide wouldn't close with any round except one. It gobbled up brass case fine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MPiKM:
Does anyone else's not feed steel case ammo? I tried Barnual and the slide wouldn't close with any round except one. It gobbled up brass case fine.
View Quote

I just put 100 rounds through it yesterday no prob - Half brass half wolf steel. I cleaned the ejector and polished feed ramp before even firing, no issues whatsoever
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one at sportsmans for the exact same reason, under $250 out the door. I have to same I’m disappointed. Trigger is eh at best, doesn’t like any hollow point I’ve tried and not comfortable to shoot.

I’ve carried medium or full sized handguns for years and that may be my issue. Honestly not a fan, but makes for good “drills” gun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had a G2 PT111 for a few years and no issues with it. I've been eyeballing the G3C for a while but then the G3X came out. Leaning towards that one or both.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MPiKM:
View Quote

My G2C and G3 feed steelcase Winchester and Tula just fine. They feed everything brass fine  as well. I’ll buy the G3C when they show up to Rural King eventually. I’ve been really happy with mine and I like running the cheaper hi cap mecgar Sig 226 mags in them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 6:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44-40pro] [#14]
4000 rounds through my G2C (PT111) in 5 years. Replaced the recoil assembly at 1000 round due to some chipping on the old poly set up. Replaced the striker sleeve just because. Put a KeepTinkering trigger on it since I don't like trigger safeties. Rounded it all out with a set of fiber optic sights. All told I have $310 in the gun.
I have my choice of any number of other brands to carry. This gun has been utterly reliable, has a great trigger, and is very accurate. I like people who talk shit about Taurus not knowing anything about them. It keeps prices down.

And yes I have NO PROBLEM trusting my life to a G2C.

ETA: I realize this thread specifically mentioned the G3C. I added my comments due to the fact that the G2C and G3C are essentially the same gun wit just a couple of differences.

No loaded chamber on the top of the slide on the G3C. I prefer having the tactile LC indicator.
Trigger safety on the G3C is MUCH wider than one the G2C, and after shooting a couple I could live with that.
G3C has Glock pattern sight mounting dovetail/front sight screw in which opens a lot of options up for the pistol.

G2C/G3C are fine guns, seriously under appreciated, and have never let me down. See a lot of them at the range and so far, everyone likes them.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got a G3C and a GX4, have roughly 400 or so rounds (FMJ and several types of HPs) through each so far with no malfunctions of any sort in either. I've carried both, and the G3C is currently my car gun. If it gets stolen, oh well, it's cheap and I'll get another one. I actually like the trigger and shoot it better than my Glock 19, even though I know that the Glock objectively has a better trigger. I like carrying the GX4 more than the Glock, honestly. Easy to carry.

These are the only Taurus guns I've owned, have always stayed away from them in the past due to the bad reputation and past QC issues. These newer models seem fine, though, and have some genuinely decent features. I'm tempted to get another of each just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:
I've got a G3C and a GX4, have roughly 400 or so rounds (FMJ and several types of HPs) through each so far with no malfunctions of any sort in either. I've carried both, and the G3C is currently my car gun. If it gets stolen, oh well, it's cheap and I'll get another one. I actually like the trigger and shoot it better than my Glock 19, even though I know that the Glock objectively has a better trigger. I like carrying the GX4 more than the Glock, honestly. Easy to carry.

These are the only Taurus guns I've owned, have always stayed away from them in the past due to the bad reputation and past QC issues. These newer models seem fine, though, and have some genuinely decent features. I'm tempted to get another of each just for the hell of it.
View Quote

Have been contemplating a gx4 for knockaround / travel carry. Have a tx22 which is fantastic frankly.prefer it over our g44 all day long. Price point makes knicks, scratches on Taurus no big deal. Feel the same way about their recent offerings and will give their pistols another look going forward.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Part of the discounted price is lack of CS, and slow turn around times.

IIRC after 100 days they expect you to pay for shipping for warranty work.

They look good, I just wish Taurus didnt make them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top