Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2023 12:14:24 PM EDT
These are widely available just a little over $1k. Has anyone here grabbed one yet? Are they really significantly blemished, or is this just Colt’s way of goosing sales in a slow market?
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link?
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have transferred threw my store-front. So far both me and the customer could not find the "Blem" all three had clean actions, good triggers, and good rotation. If you're in the market I would say pull the trigger, just really look it over at the FFL to make sure there is not a blatant scratch.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alacop:
Link?
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
First I'm hearing of this....Go on....
View Quote

(PSA emails)
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
PSA
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve bought 3 “blemish” Colts over the past 7-8 months. The 3” Python, I couldn’t find a flaw. The 8” Anaconda had a small nick on the barrel near the “anaconda” logo, doesn’t bother me. The 4” Target Cobra had a couple of small, very light scratch’s on the frame. No issue on that but barrel barrel’s bore looked like crap. Awful radial gouges on the lands. It’s gone back to Colt.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
My four inch Python is a blem.   The only thing I can find even remotely blemishy is a minute nick on one of the grips.   The metal is perfect.   I have no idea what Colt is calling a blemish.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#8]
My FFL buddy has multiples of the blems. Not sure how well they sell. I would take one for the savings, IMO.

For the Colt Collectors, they want them pristine, which I understand from their perspective.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw a few and they looked perfect to me , we could not find a problem  , buy it and safe a few .
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked mine up yesterday and could not find a single thing wrong with it cosmetically or mechanically. There were a few metal shavings where the the crane locks up which was weird.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Like most have said, you’ll have a hard time finding any issues with them which is great if you’re buying it as a keeper.  But…if you like to buy and sell, resale won’t be great unless you hide the fact, which is really shitty so don’t do it (had someone try that on me a while back)!

Can’t recall the identifying convention for blem colts as I wasn’t in the market, but turned out after a 20 minute search that the “NIB” Python was a blem resale at un-blemished pricing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]
My dad bought a blem 4" Python last month. We had to struggle to find any imperfection and could only come up with a slight mark inside the ejector rod cutout in the underlug. Otherwise, it's perfect.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Another discussion in GD about this subject if anyone is interested...

PSA blemished Colt Python
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top