Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 1:55:25 PM EDT
I found this M66 today for $15.00. I remember them from gun shows years ago and they were about the same price then.

While approved for use as best as I can tell the M66 was never officially adopted. I love the way it rides on the belt.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Nothing new under the sun but this was a good write-up.

John Bianchi designed the M66 upon receiving requests for an improved holster from troops serving in Vietnam. The desired features included:

1) High ride placement for comfort, mobility, and security;
2) Optional cross-draw;
3) Left hand convertible;
4) Attachments for a number of GI belts;
5) Mounting close to the body.

The flap is removable and re-positionable. When attached, the flap can also be rotated out of the way to allow for the draw-stroke. The holster has slots for the 1.75" garrison belt, plus a snap-set overlay for the 2.25" web belt. There are holes placed in the body of the holster to provide clearance for the pistol's magazine release in order to prevent accidental release. Seventeen patents cover the design.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It was never an official issue holster, but was bought by some units, like base guards and a few MP companies.

This was Bianchi's first move on the military holster market.
Their second effort, the UM-84 made the grade and was officially adopted as the M12 for the Beretta M9.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top