Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2021 11:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mooreshawnm]
...and the rise of the late arriving stimulus checkS, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Shawn, destined to own the numerous handguns of Anatolia with sandwichmaking approval. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

It was decided another round of 9mm's were necessary for household defense/pure boredom. I haven't purchased a handgun in a decade. I decided that was a trend long overdue in ending. I had no idea the Turks had entered the market. Read for a few weeks and decided a Canik needed to be added to the arsenal. Sandwichmaker sees the Burned Bronze DA and has to have it. While she's napping I read more and search for the best deals. I decide I will get a black TP9SF for me and see the FDE TP9SAmod2 as a close enough color and the same dimensions as mine and 20$ cheaper than the DA...so I order her the dark earth SA. She wakes up. I show her pics. She's happy for awhile and then...'wait...let me see a picture of my gun.' 'Let me see that picture you just showed me.' 'That's not my gun.'

She was more observant than I expected so off to order the Bronze DA as well...oh don't misunderstand I still plan on getting the Black SF but we will get to that. So I order the DA and go to bed last night with two Caniks on the way to the FFL. I went to work today and while their went to Buds website to look at/justify/drool over the black SF which had been there the night before. It was out of stock. OMG this will not do. Searched around a little and found one even cheaper at CDNN so I order that too. 3 Caniks. Wife onboard.

Now the crazy part. I had also been looking at the SAR 9 at the same time as I was considering the Caniks. While searching for a TP9SF today I discovered the coolest pistol I had ever seen. A Platinum SAR9x. OMG it looks awesome. Some may think after purchasing 3 pistols in 24 hours that I may pause to consider. Absolutely not...Sportsmans Warehouse in Casper next week. Add to cart check out. 3 Caniks and a SAR. 24 hours. That would be a record for me.

It has been a good week. Too bad no one has mags.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
tldr
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#2]
It gets better. I fess up to the wife this morning that I had bought the SAR9x platinum the night before. She wants to see a pic. Sees the bronze and OD and orders them this morning. 3 Caniks, 3 SARs, two days...wife's permission. Life is good.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mooreshawnm] [#3]
Canik FDE SA is now in my possession. This handgun is as quality as any I’ve owned. Very very pleased with it. 2 more Caniks and 3 SARS to go. I’ll give this one to my son as a graduation present from basic/Christmas. It’ll match his AR. :) Happy camper right now really looking forward to handling the others and shooting then all.

ETA Just picked up a Bronze Canik DA ordered earlier. Beautiful BUT trigger on the DA is no where near as good as the SA. Waiting to pick up the SF to see if its a DA issue.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:23:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

ETA Just picked up a Bronze Canik DA ordered earlier. Beautiful BUT trigger on the DA is no where near as good as the SA. Waiting to pick up the SF to see if its a DA issue.
View Quote
Trigger comments please.

@mooreshawnm
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:46:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mooreshawnm] [#6]
I can do that!
Attachment Attached File

Still haven’t picked up the black SF in Kemmerer but did get a pair of elites...and a pair of Girsans and a SAR 2000.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

The boss who authorized this madness
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
Trigger comments please.

@mooreshawnm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Trigger comments please.

@mooreshawnm

It got better after firing BUT it is definitely harder at the break and a little longer than the SA and Elites. Its gotta be the DA trigger system changing something. I have not lubed it at all so that may help. It is still better than the SARs which aren't bad themselves.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
The Turkish guns seem good to go , they have been making arms for 100 years I just picked up the Combat Elite I like it . I have a few friends who have them and they shoot the crap out of them hardly ever clean them and never a problem .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top