Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2023 11:19:22 AM EDT
I was looking at the Calculated kinetics dog tag and the C&H. With the dogtag does the optic still screw directly into the slide? Does it really help keep the lens from getting smoked?
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
I was looking at the Calculated kinetics dog tag and the C&H. With the dogtag does the optic still screw directly into the slide? Does it really help keep the lens from getting smoked?
View Quote

The DPP 407k plates are really good.
They are low enough that you can use the factory sights from an M&P metal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PRYDE:

The DPP 407k plates are really good.
They are low enough that you can use the factory sights from an M&P metal.
View Quote

I ended up getting the Calculated Kinetics plate and it works great. Did you have any issues with the lens getting smoked?
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 6:26:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PRYDE] [#3]
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:

I ended up getting the Calculated Kinetics plate and it works great. Did you have any issues with the lens getting smoked?
View Quote

Didn't care for that particular plate as I wanted to use low height irons (.250 front / .365 rear) from Dawson which I think looks way better on the gun that the tall factory ones.
I have shot thousands of rounds through numerous red dot optics and have never had a smoking problem with any, so respectfully, to me its a solution looking for a problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
What's wrong with the oem plates?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
What's wrong with the oem plates?
View Quote

They're polymer.  I'd rather have metal recoil lugs.  I've actually gone to the Holosun SCS so I can direct mount to the optics ready footprint.  I'd rather have my slides direct millled for a specific optic than the plate system.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
ANY MOUNTING PLATES I SHOULD AVOID?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

They're polymer.  I'd rather have metal recoil lugs.  
View Quote

Have there been failures, or just personal preference?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 1:21:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crosseyeshooter] [#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

They're polymer.  I'd rather have metal recoil lugs.  

Those "lugs" aren't for recoil but are simply locating posts.  The resistance to recoil comes from the clamping force of the mounting screws which thread directly into the slide.  Ensuring proper installation (clean threads, correct hardware, proper torque and thread lock) will provide trouble-free results.  Witness mark the screw heads because if the screws show any sign of loosening, you have to redo the installation or be prepared to have your red dot fly off the slide and hit you in the forehead.

All of the failures I've read and heard about are due to screws loosening (under torqued) or breaking (over torqued).

And the nicest plate I've seen for the OP is https://eleven71design.com/shop/p/mp-20-holosun-eps.  Probably way too pricey.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
CK Dog Tag plates are great!  Fit is great and the the tall lip actually works great in my opinion...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top