Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2021 6:50:43 AM EDT
I’m basically done with buying guns for 2021 and decided that my gun funds for this year will be used to fix and “pretty up” several of my firearms.

I have a Post War P-38 (11/62) and a P-1 (6/77) that I’d like to be inspected and refinished back, as closely as possible, to the original factory finish...  BUT!!  Just a little more care in the refinishing department since these were used German surplus pistols.

On the P-38, it fires, but the casings barely clear the top ejection open port and falls towards my wrist area.  Also, I’d like them to be checked and if needed replace any of the worn springs that are closing in on being 60 years old now.

Any information on a good Walther gunsmith would be greatly appreciated!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
There are two sources...........

http://www.carlwalther.com/

I'm not sure how much actual gunsmithing Earl's does but they are a warranty service center so I assume they do some.

M&M used to be the gunsmith at Interarms, who was the importer of Walther Arms.
He's an actual gunsmith.....

http://www.mmgunsmith.com/

As for general repairs, most any qualified pistolsmith can do the work, and a top gun refinisher service can do the refinish.
A few can do both.

My first move would be to talk to M&M since he advertises that he also does refinishing, and since he worked for Interarms He's have to be expert on Walther pistol repairs.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd start by new springs all around, a job you should be able to handle your self.  As far as refinishing, I've gone down that road a couple times and regret it every time.  Even a basic refinish is pushing $300 anymore.  Just not worth it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Wolff Gunsprings offers two service packs. One is a standard recoil spring rating, the other is a +5% recoil spring as an extra spring so you can swap back & forth if needed.

Wolff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top