Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 8:33:34 PM EDT
After having my 2nd Comp-Tac mag carrier break, I want to take my business elsewhere.

I'm looking for a single mag carrier that clips to my belt the same way as the Comp-Tac & also still want to stay OWB. I don't want something I have to remove the belt from the pants to get the mag carrier off.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
pockets!!!

just kidding. I have had good luck with DAA if you want something adjustable and more competition ready. Single piece kydex (pick a brand) has never let me down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, don't need anything for competition, just EDC
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had the same thing happen in the past. And, quite frankly, Comp-Tac mag carriers just aren't low-profile enough for me. I'm a HUGE fan of the Raven/Bravo style, provided it's used with OWB wings. Holds the mag nice and tight to your side.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I use bawidamann vertical iwb pouches
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Been wanting to try Stealthgear's OWB loops, that slip over/around the belt without taking off the belt.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been wanting to try Stealthgear's OWB loops, that slip over/around the belt without taking off the belt.
View Quote
Looks super bulky & $79? Hard pass
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've had the same thing happen in the past. And, quite frankly, Comp-Tac mag carriers just aren't low-profile enough for me. I'm a HUGE fan of the Raven/Bravo style, provided it's used with OWB wings. Holds the mag nice and tight to your side.
View Quote
Looks like the Raven carrier requires belt removal to put it on. Not what I'm after
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use bawidamann vertical iwb pouches
View Quote
Their horizontal pouch is pretty bitchin too. Low profile, doesn't jab my frontal beer storage, and uses a soft loop with metal snap button
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have experience with Warrior Concealment?

This is all for a XD40 mag FYI
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I like Kytex Gear.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like Kytex Gear.
View Quote
Yes I agree!  I have a few for my Para 45 double stack.
Stay's close to the body, not top heavy. Clips on and off easily.
Wish he made holsters.

PITA45
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
JM Custom Kydex single pistol mag pouch version 3
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Patriot holsters
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Kytex on order
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Take a look at Pitbull Tactical.  Almost a universal mag pouch.  Works from single stack nines to double stacks.  Reasonable to boot.

http://www.pitbulltactical.com/universal-mag-carrier/
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Take a look at Pitbull Tactical.  Almost a universal mag pouch.  Works from single stack nines to double stacks.  Reasonable to boot.

View Quote
Yeah.

Got 4 of those on the presale. Doublestack from G26 to G17, and even single stack 1911. You can choose to use them IWB or OWB. Doesn't require belt removal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I also broke my comp tac carriers and got offered 10% off. Switched to jm custom kydex.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah.

Got 4 of those on the presale. Doublestack from G26 to G17, and even single stack 1911. You can choose to use them IWB or OWB. Doesn't require belt removal.
View Quote
I only picked up 3.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I prefer to use a one size mag carrier as I’ve switched pistols in the past and got tired of purchasing specific mag carriers. I’ve come to like the G Code scorpion soft with a paddle attachment. Makes on off a breeze and fits any pistol mag I want to use. Best part with belt attachment is under or right around $25 per.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Wore Kytex Gear for years.  Best concealability but have broken a few and had to be replaced.  Switched to Raven Copia singles with soft loops a few months ago.  Better retention (although the Kytex gear was good too), but printed a little more.  Recently found myself going back to the Kytex Gear for concealment but if I was training or expecting a serious fight I'd rather have the Raven to avoid the mags ending up in the tactical yard sale.  There's always a tradeoff.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Past couple of years I've been using pistol Tacos with Velcro to secure it to any belt, easy on and off without taking your belt off. Has never come loose or fallen off my side, I carry any size pistol mag in one and a leatherman MUT in another.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I own a lot of different magazines carriers. Form personal experience safariland 123 horizontal magazine pouch is by far the most comfortable to carry. If you want comfort the 123 is the best.

https://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/gear/pouches-cases-and-holders/concealment/magazine/model-123-horizontal-magazine-pouch-10961.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

Single stack 9 to Glock 20. Good so far. There do have an edge or two that could be eased a bit (which is easy enough for to do).
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

I've been using these with good results as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I use the single Gcode single mag holder with a paddle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I use a SnagMag in my leftside pocket, looks like I'm carrying a knife there.

Tomac
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got the proper belt loops for my Shadow Holsters double mag pouch.  The man has made me the perfect mag pouch and did it exactly as I requested.  If you know what you want he does outstanding work. Fair price, quick turnaround and best of all your dealing directly with the man.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been carrying a magholder for a couple years and I like it. Very well made and its horizontal vs vertical so it doesnt dig.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I have been using bawidaman (sp?) horizontal mag pouch for my shield for years now and it's great.  Highly recommended.  I found the g17 style a little bulky for concealment purposes but love the single stack version.

I recently started using the stealthgear Sg-180 elastic horizontal carriers with my g19/17 mags.  They are very comfortable and low profile.  Have not done a ton of reloads from them so can't speak to that aspect but the comfort and simplicity level has me carrying a spare mag with my g19 where I would have often rationalized a reason not to with other carriers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#32]
For OWB EDC (not competition), I prefer simple nylon pouches with Velcro flaps. I use the belt through design, but I’m sure there’s versions out there with clips.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I use a SnagMag in my leftside pocket, looks like I'm carrying a knife there.

Tomac
View Quote
Just picked up one of those today. We’ll see how it goes. I dig it so far and it’s much better for riding in my car
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have been carrying a magholder for a couple years and I like it. Very well made and its horizontal vs vertical so it doesnt dig.
http://ozarxx.org/images/magholders.jpg
View Quote
You can't beat the comfort level of horizontal magazine carriers. That's why I recommend safariland horizontal magazine carriers. It is the most comfortable magazine carrier ever designed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
JM Custom Kydex single pistol mag pouch version 3
View Quote
I have been using the JM Kydex aiwb mag holster and I really like it

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-SPMP.html
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Edited - Sales CoC #1 - kpel308

Pay heed:

1.  Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top