Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2022 7:04:13 PM EDT
I've been going to the gym a lot, trying to get buff, and I want a way to carry my full-size without a bump that just makes me look fat. IWB does that, OWB requires a jacket but otherwise it could work; however I have to tuck my shirt which isn't fashionable.

And I am not familiar with very many vests, mostly just one by Rothco and one by Bluestone. What else should I consider?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
full size what?
Bob tail with appendix carry?
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
full size what?
Bob tail with appendix carry?
View Quote

90-two.

Appendix carry makes me look like I have a fat belly.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Please tell me you're trolling.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Please tell me you're trolling.
View Quote

No. I'm getting a nice body and I want to show it off... And I am also going to be moving to a college town soon where there are way more women than men, so looking good is very important.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If your chest is bigger than your waist than aiwb is your best bet. If you're cruising for tail a vest will make you look like a dork unless it's actually cold out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If your chest is bigger than your waist than aiwb is your best bet. If you're cruising for tail a vest will make you look like a dork unless it's actually cold out.
View Quote

It's Florida, so a vest might be out then
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No. I'm getting a nice body and I want to show it off... And I am also going to be moving to a college town soon where there are way more women than men, so looking good is very important.
View Quote

Yeah, a vest isn't gonna help with your game.

At all.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#8]
During winter here in Texas, I use my Alien Gear Shoulder Holster with a basic fleece vest over it. Works well going in and out of stores. Have a heavier jacket if it's really cold outside, then can take it off and still have the vest to cover up.

Live in the Austin area right now, so probably could pull off shorts and a vest. If I was still living up in North Texas, Id probably use a Carhart vest.

While looks silly overall fashion wise, works for me while driving around and dealing with bulky jackets.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Google IDPA vests.   They're all about competing with realistic carry methods so I'm sure there are a lot of people using those types for daily concealment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Please PLEASE post pics in General Discussion when you switch to a vest....
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wear a button down shirt. It'll have the same effect for carrying and you'll actually look presentable instead of retarded.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Armani makes some pretty slick vests:
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just wear a button down shirt. It'll have the same effect for carrying and you'll actually look presentable instead of retarded.
View Quote
Yep

I carried a 90-TWO for a long while IWB. AIWB doesn't really conceal without a bump for that gun, it's just too thick. Go with something like a hybrid IWB behind the hip. I used to conceal one under a t-shirt back when I was in better shape.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Forget the vest and dress like a normal person.

I’m in good shape, (low body fat, visible abs, athletic muscular build) and have no problem concealing a Glock 19 with RMR and X300U at 4 o’clock in slim fit pants and a fitted polo.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Iwb Holster at 4 o’clock will hide just about anything if you are in shape and not a midget.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
edit- I'm retarded and can't read
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Forget the vest.  Be proud and loud!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#21]
If you really must, be classy.

Barbour.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I just dress like a normal person. Conceal a 19 AIWB just fine in a T shirt.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just dress like a normal person. Conceal a 19 AIWB just fine in a T shirt.
View Quote

Monica
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top