Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2018 9:30:00 AM EDT
I'm looking for a pair of 1911s for a project/gift. My best friend since middle school is graduating with his Master's in accounting after serving with distinction in Iraq and Afghanistan and is then moving pretty much as far as you can move in the continental US due to a great job offer. Shortly after the move is complete, his first child will be born.

A 1911 is next on my buy list, and I'd like to recognize his incredible accomplishments by picking up a pair, doing a very small laser engraving on the slides of both, and giving him one before he moves.

I can just go out and buy two, but it would be neat to grab a consecutive pair if I can.

Is there anywhere "better" to do this from? I can find a few pairs on the usual suspects, but they're almost all from one seller and chambered in 38 Super. I'd prefer .45 ACP, either government or commander.

Any thoughts ARF?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk with local FFL and see if they can call distributors and find a pair.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Les Baer,Wilson combat or Ed Brown.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Consecutive serial numbers can be surprisingly hard to find.  Most companies don't ship in serial number sequence.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen a bunch of Ruger vaqueros packaged like that. Maybe contact Ruger and see if they do it with their 1911s
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
i used to work in a gun store. If we called our distributor reps up we could ask these kinds of things.
Your best bet is to check with your local FFLs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Keith at Dan Wesson might do that for you. It is worth a call, at the very least.

They have been very accommodating to custom requests in the past. Even better they will be straight from the factory.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I work part time at an FFL and I check in the guns when they are received.  Consecutive serial numbers aren’t exactly common but are not unheard of either.  Glocks and S&W have a lot more consecutive serial numbered guns shipped to us compared to other manufacturers.  Maybe it’s because we sell a ton of glocks and Smiths compared to some other makers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I wanted to do similar when my son was born, but with custom serial numbers. I found a place that would do AR lowers like that, but I had to get one for each family member. whoops. oh well, more for me.

thinking about finding something in a 1911 frame, too, now that he's almost old enough to shoot (going on 3!)
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I would call Keith at Dan Wesson I know they will do a Custom build pair with consecutive serial numbers..  and you can have them built to the specs you want that way also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top