Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2021 9:23:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
Bersa handguns are mighty rare at LGS and when I noticed they had a 380 BP CC in the display case I gave it a good fondling.

THE GOOD:

Nice trigger. Very nice. Shoe is wide and flat no Glockish dingle-dongle.
Quality of polymer frame molding is very good. Surprisingly good.
Grip texture is very good.
Pistol feels very good in the hand and seems to point very well. Single stack slim
Very adequate 3-dot sights

THE BAD:

Ambi mag release button on L side was very sticky and 'draggy' had to really work to get the mag to drop.
Slide fit and finish is not particularly wondrous. Don't know if slide/barrel is melonite finish or not.
Low round count for its size 8+1
Average quality steel single stack mag don't know how many mags come with the gun ETA: 2 mags

THE UGLY:

Looking at the front of the pistol the end of the barrel was not centered in the end of the slide. I was touching the 6 o' clock portion of the 'hole'. That did not look good at all. ETA: THIS IS A DESIGN FEATURE AND NOT A FLAW

Pistol has a magazine disconnect safety. I hate those.

SUMMARY

This pistol was priced at $300. If it weren't for the mag release/disconnector safety issues for that price I might be persuaded to give it a try.

https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/firearms/bp-concealed-carry-series/models/bersabpcc380acp
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for the .380 version, but the BP9CC is of interest to me and seems to get great reviews for what it is. I may just have to get one to try out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
@RUT

Smoky Mtn Guns and ammo has the duo-tone BP9CC in stock for $299.99. Free ship and they don't collect tax as I recall.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, thanks for the heads-up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:49:56 AM EDT
[#4]
If that Bersa is anything like the ones I used to work on, you’ll want to watch out for the little “c-clip” that holds the transfer bar in place. It likes to come off inside the grip panel, and then fall out when you remove the grip panel to investigate the problem. It will also break in half.

Link Posted: 8/29/2022 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Cannot say for sure as I don't own one that the BP9/380's don't have a transfer bar as they're striker-fired Glockish clones on the inside.

James Reeves gave the BP9CC a good review. His only beef was that the model he was loaned for the review started to develop surface rust on the slide. As such I'll assume that the "matte" finish is simply blued and not nitrided. That review was 6 years ago. Possible that Bersa upped their game since then?

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 5:07:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#6]
I just read that the BP380CC guns are blowback design not lock-breech. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

The 9mm version is the standard lock-breech design.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#7]
LGS got in a BP9CC (FDE frame) and I fondled it for about 5 seconds before deciding I wasn't going to consider it as it offers nothing over my G43X.

Magazine disconnect safety is a deal breaker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top