Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2018 10:27:32 AM EDT
I recently had a chance to handle a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Centurian. Nice gun, all in all. Apparently there are a couple of upgrades Wilson offers with this Beretta, an action job and an action job with a silicon spring upgrade.

Any idea if those are worth the extra cash or are they more or less marketing attempts for Wilson.

The gun seemed to be pretty darn smooth. I'm not sure how much better the action job or silicon springs could make the gun I saw.

Any helpful experience and comments much appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a WC Brigadier Tac with the action job. The trigger is way cleaner than on my Shadow 2. I don’t know what the regular trigger is like, but this one is good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The action job would be worth it, the beretta trigger is great from the factory but could always use improvement. If you don’t get the action job you can get the trigger job in a bag from Langdon tactical later.

The upgraded springs imo not worth it since it’s a brand new gun. And they would restake the extractor pin on the slide - I’m sure they take care when doing it to minimize any damage but something to be aware of if your into pristine finish on your pistols.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The only way to order a Wilson Combat 92G or Elite LTT is with their respective action/trigger jobs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked up the Langdon Tactical trigger job in a bag. Interesting.

The dealer let me dry fire the Centurian w/o a trigger job against a WC BrigTac with a trigger job. I noticed only a slight difference. Either the Centurian's trigger is awesome or the BrigTac's trigger is really only very slightly better.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked up the Langdon Tactical trigger job in a bag. Interesting.

The dealer let me dry fire the Centurian w/o a trigger job against a WC BrigTac with a trigger job. I noticed only a slight difference. Either the Centurian's trigger is awesome or the BrigTac's trigger is really only very slightly better.
View Quote
The internal workings are identical so the difference SHOULD be pronounced.  How positive are you the Brigadier Tactical had the WC Action Tune?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How positive are you the Brigadier Tactical had the WC Action Tune?
View Quote
About as positive as I can be without being Wilson Combat gunsmith. The BrigTac was priced considerably higher than the Centurian, it was advertised with the Wilson Combat Action tuning and the silicone springs, and the gun shop owner indicated it was.

There was a difference but the difference was quite minimal, I thought.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my Brigadier Tactical.

I'd say the Action Tune is noticeably "less good" than the Elite LTT Trigger Job.  Honestly it isn't much better than my Italian M9A3 which was surprisingly good.  It also has the sloppiest slide/frame fit of the three.

I've never had a Brigadier slide though and I think is pretty fucking sexy looking.  I was surprised at the amount of additional "meat" near the front dovetail compared to the 92A1 and Vertec/M9A3 slide.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Out of all the glocks, sigs, 1911’s, and HK’s I have, the Wilson centurion M9 is my favorite gun. It’s not my most expensive gun but definitely one of the best I owned and have ever owned.

The trigger and smooth vertec slide is what makes it an absolute pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:07:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a Wilson Elite dealer.  Strangely enough all of the Berettas we order without the action tune job seem to have better triggers than ones that have it. So if you can I would highly recommend trying out both before spending the extra money.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Not many dealers in my area have factory Berettas for me to compare to these Wilson Combat Berettas. I finally located one today, a 92A1 FS model, I think. Nice gun but the trigger was certainly not what those Wilson Combats had. Not terrible as it was smooth, just not refined nor as light.  The dealer wanted $699 for it which I thought was a tad high.  The gun came with 17 round magazines and did have dovetailed front and rear sights although they were not night sights.  For a better price it would make a good starting gun. Swap out the factory sights and trigger for a Langdon trigger job in a bag and it might be a really good pistol.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a Wilson Elite dealer.  Strangely enough all of the Berettas we order without the action tune job seem to have better triggers than ones that have it. So if you can I would highly recommend trying out both before spending the extra money.
View Quote
What is the difference between the WC action tuning and the Langdon trigger job?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Any idea if those are worth the extra cash or are they more or less marketing attempts for Wilson.
View Quote
While I admire Wilson for going outside the 1911 box, I also believe their guns are grossly overpriced.

Spring kit from Wolff? $25-30. New VZ grips? $50. Tru-Glo sights, front & rear? Or Trijicons? $150-175. All that added to the price of a NIB 92FS comes up way, way short of Wilson's price.

Now I'm sure Wilson will say they do a bit more than just swap parts out, yadda yadda yadda. But is it worth it? Not in my checkbook.  

For the record, I own three 92FS' & gave my cousin my fourth one. So I likes me my Beretta's.........  

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

While I admire Wilson for going outside the 1911 box, I also believe their guns are grossly overpriced.

Spring kit from Wolff? $25-30. New VZ grips? $50. Tru-Glo sights, front & rear? Or Trijicons? $150-175. All that added to the price of a NIB 92FS comes up way, way short of Wilson's price.

Now I'm sure Wilson will say they do a bit more than just swap parts out, yadda yadda yadda. But is it worth it? Not in my checkbook.  

For the record, I own three 92FS' & gave my cousin my fourth one. So I likes me my Beretta's.........  

My .o2
View Quote
I agree that the Brigadier Tactical has a significant mark up for Wilson to get theirs.  The fact is though that you won't get an M9A1ish frame with a Brigadier slide direct from Beretta though.

When you compare it to the Elite LTT for 200 bucks less then yeah, it looks like a bad value.  Because it is.

I still bought one.  That Brigadier slide is just pure sex, can't help myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top