Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2020 1:54:23 PM EDT
Has anyone ever suppressed a Beretta 96? Any tips or advice?

Also, when suppressing the Beretta 92 should I be using a heavier recoil spring weight than standard? The suppressor I am using is a Tri-Rant modular 9mm for the 92 and a AAC Evolution .40 for the 96
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone ever suppressed a Beretta 96? Any tips or advice?

Also, when suppressing the Beretta 92 should I be using a heavier recoil spring weight than standard? The suppressor I am using is a Tri-Rant modular 9mm for the 92 and a AAC Evolution .40 for the 96
View Quote
Just recently decided to purchase a threaded barrel for my 92FS .  I handload and I have about 400 rounds of 147 gr subsonic that I load for my full size Uzi model B . I made the assumption that I would have to experiment with alternate weight recoil springs prior to even shooting the Beretta. I ordered the $30 Wolf  recoil spring kit and in hindsight it was a total waste of money. I should have waited and tried my 92 stock first, as my 92FS cycled suppressed flawlessly with both supersonic  and my subsonic handloads.  So obviously my advice is wait, try yours in stock form , and if it's like my 92FS you should be fine. If it doesn't run, i'll sell you my Wolf tuners kit for cheap ! LOL
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppress my 96, but I use a 92 barrel, so I'm not any help. I use a shock buffer and I have been using the stock 12 lb recoil spring for shooting 9mm. No issues whatsoever. I have a recoil spring kit, so I need to experiment with different weight springs for 9mm when suppressed. I bought that spring set for when I shoot .40, to help reduce wear and tear on the frame by using a heavier spring.

Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#3]
This thread needs a definitive answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top