Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 12:38:30 PM EDT
Friend of mine is going to be getting a new pistol, either the Beretta 92FS Inox or the Brigadier. I tried to steer him to the light, to SIG, but it didn't work (just a little jab on you guys ;-). So, can anyone tell me the difference/pro-cons between the two? Thanks!

P.S. I do like Berettas
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Recently I shot about 150 rounds each through both models. The two stand out things I noticed was the softer recoil and slower cycling of the Brigadier. While both shot great, the Brigadier felt like closing the door of fine vintage car, you can feel all the mechanics working... and it makes you WANT to feel it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Brigadier is best option.

I don't know why Beretta makes non-Brigadier models.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Neither.  The correct answer is to buy an M9A1 and mount a Vertec slide.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m a fan of the 92A1. It’s built to handle .40 and has a light rail, and has replaceable sights.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]
What's up with the link hidden in the OP's post?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's up with the link hidden in the OP's post?
View Quote

Yep. One post wonder with some game promotion shit in his post.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
The reason to go for the brigadier slide is for added weight and dovetail sights. Downside is they are not as widely available so it can get pricey. For example, 92x performance or Wilson Combat brigadier tactical.

Vertec slide is still being produced, is lighter weight and has dovetail sights. You can go for 92x line, LTT line or M9A3.

The standard 92fs slide is still a solid option. Just remember no dovetail front sight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]
1st post by OP, said to have had link ebedded, not in tech
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top