Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 5:28:51 AM EDT
I have always had an affinity for Beretta 92s, especially since Lethal Weapon.

For a few years now I’ve been lusting for a 92 combat, the accurized single action version.

After missing a few, I decided to put out a WTB ad. Got three replies. Bought a gun, 2001 made, low round count, with box, papers and accessories and aluminum grips

(yeah I’ll explain the other gun in a minute)

First shots at 25 meters, adjusting sights a smidge

A bit low left

A bit high right now

Kinda centered with a flyer

It’s great at rapid fire, it points very naturally, absorbs recoil nicely and gets back on target very quickly

This is abt 20 shots rapid fire at 25 meters

According to an LGS who sold a few of them, it’s one of his favourite semi, and comparable to a Sig 210 in accuracy and trigger smoothness. To me nothing compares to a 210, but it’s a damn fine shooter and a very nice gun.

So the stainless one. I’ve had my first 92F since 1989, my 93r since 1999, so in 2010 it made sense to me to buy a 92 FS in stainless. I think Beretta had transitioned from the straight dust cover to the slanted one, which I find less appealing aesthetically. So I bought this 1993 made in very good condition.

So back to my 92 combat seller, he also had an 8 inch target barrel. He bought it new as blued, then threw some more money at it to get it coated, and used it on his 92 brigadier stainless. He then sold the gun but kept the barrel, and pushed me to buy it with the combat.

I had no real need or desire for that barrel, but we then agreed on a package deal for the 92 combat, the barrel, a few mags including an original 20 rd 93 r mag, and a Hämmerli 215 competition pistol in .22 lr.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Great looking guns.  I love Beretta's as well, but I don't have anything cool like that.  Just a standard 92FS, 90-Two and 96 Inox Vertec.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking guns!  The stainless one really catches my eye.  Always liked the Beretta 92 pistols.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
nice, the combat is a pistol I always wanted to buy too. That inox is very nice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I was reading your post and got to “my 93R” and had to scroll back up.

“Yup, it’s that guy from Switzerland”

Nice collection, thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn.  I'm jealous.  A 92 combat has long been on my radar but I haven't gone looking anytime recently.

I won't ask what you paid but what is the general going rate for them...if you know?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding, OP. I love Beretta and would love to shoot one of these and a 93R. Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn.  I'm jealous.  A 92 combat has long been on my radar but I haven't gone looking anytime recently.

I won't ask what you paid but what is the general going rate for them...if you know?
View Quote
Well I live in Switzerland so prices are different

A local dealer sold his last new one 3 months ago for $ 1500, so second hand varies from 1100 to 1400
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking combo of Berettas.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well I live in Switzerland so prices are different

A local dealer sold his last new one 3 months ago for $ 1500, so second hand varies from 1100 to 1400
View Quote
Ah.  I missed that.  But appreciate the insight nonetheless!

I only have one piece of swiss goodness...a SAN 553RP.  But is is nice enough to make me think kind things about the Swiss.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome pistol. Thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top