Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2022 4:02:12 PM EDT
I ran to the store the other Sunday morning in a big tee shirt and some flannel pajamas and belatedly thought "man, this IWB is gonna pull these things right around my ankles".  

I'm thinking about grabbing a belly band and giving it a try for occasions when clothing choices just preclude a conventional rig.  Hung over Sunday mornings, just left the gym errand stops, beer fest where you MAY wear a kilt... You know, that kind of stuff.  

Thoughts?  Brands?  And before a potential wave of "choose how you dress to fit being armed" BS... Yes, I get that.  But that's a shitty way of living, compromise isn't always a bad thing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind, there's a similar thread a couple down, please delete.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Misplaced my old Bianchi Belly band so made couple for myself.  4" elastic, 4x6" hook and pile (velcro) and some scrap material for pockets.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I worked in a "Professional" office where carry was a huge "No No" and found that a belly band with a Shield conceals exceptionally well in a dress shirt & tie.  

No mysterious clips or things hanging on your belt to alert Security.  It also works well for super casual in just a plain T-shirt & shorts or jeans too.

It's not the "Fastest draw in the West", but having a gun on you beats having a gun outside in your vehicle 99.87% of the time...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one.  Tolerable if you wear it at belt level, but makes me look fat. I don’t wear it often. A pocket holster with LCP looks and wears better.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
https://clipandcarry.us/strapt-tac-belly-band-holster-kydex-iwb-holster-not-included/

I have the appendix variant.  Best setup I have found and I can use a kydex holster so the trigger is always full protected. I tried other soft shell types and never liked the trigger was exposed and when you draw the trigger is easy to touch.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one.  Tolerable if you wear it at belt level, but makes me look fat. I don’t wear it often. A pocket holster with LCP looks and wears better.
View Quote

I have pocket carried for years. Always worried about if I had to draw while in the truck. Bought a cheapo belly band from Amazon. If I like it I will buy something better.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#7]
The belly bands and undershirts that have a hidden pocket are intriguing but when I run in the mornings I carry my g42 aiwb.  I simply tie my shorts drawstring and have never felt like I was going to lose my shorts or weapon. It doesn't move. Now if you're wearing pj bottoms with no drawstring then yeah I can see the issue occurring.

if you've purchased a belly band in the 75 days since your post is like to hear your feedback on whether it fixed your concern and how its been.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top