Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 10:27:26 AM EDT
I received my screw from Battle Werx for the MOS plate and 507C in 3 days, so a huge plus there.

Bad news is one head for the MOS plate stripped and one head for the 507C stripped.

I did 15in/lbs after reading several posts I found online

I used Wiha tips, so I know it was a good bit

Fat Wrench for the torque

How screwed (no pun ) am I now? Is there a tap small enough to get these out

Brand new G45, hasnt even been shot yet
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If u have to you can drill the head right off super easy. I’ve done it twice and never scratched anything. Decided against red loctite from then on. LOL
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If u have to you can drill the head right off super easy. I’ve done it twice and never scratched anything. Decided against red loctite from then on. LOL
View Quote
Thanks, Ill give it a try

I used blue loctite, and the 2 that stripped I have no idea what in/lb they gave at, but Id assume it was close to the 15

I saw them mentioned in another thread, so I went that route. I didnt even look to see they were hex heads and not Torx before buying
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you have an issue with the screws being too long?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you have an issue with the screws being too long?
View Quote
Nope, the ones that didnt strip were fine. The ones that did strip seemed to bury nicely, then poof, done.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
take slide apart, hammer a hair bigger torx or square  bit into it and that should work..... i had to do this on my zev factory set up.... worked mint
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
take slide apart, hammer a hair bigger torx or square  bit into it and that should work..... i had to do this on my zev factory set up.... worked mint
View Quote
@steevo thanks!

You suggest stripping the slide or just take it off the frame?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
i stripped the slide so it sat level on my plastic bench block....
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i stripped the slide so it sat level on my plastic bench block....
View Quote
Copy that, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did what you said, worked fine. Put a T8 in the stripped holes, smacked it, and they turned out.

Used the Torx screw that came with the MOS plate and 507c, and got everything torqued no problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top