Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/26/2021 12:38:01 AM EDT
Certain HK pistols have small orings on the barrel to “tighten up the lockup“ and improve accuracy. The Mk23, USP Expert, USP Elite and VP9L all have o-ringed barrels.

For those of you with experience with these pistols, what is the general lifespan of the O ring? Does it just break when it needs replaced or will it fray first? Where does it end up when it breaks(inside or outside the pistol)?

Just curious as a new owner...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a bag of replacements from McMaster that I tacked onto an order awhile back and have yet to use one. I probably have 1500 rounds through my VP9L
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
HK45 and HK45C have them as well.

New guns come with 3 replacement o-rings.  I've yet to see one fail though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, keep them lubed! I use synthetic gun oil on mine. Shoot them dry & they won't last for shit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK45 and HK45C have them as well.

New guns come with 3 replacement o-rings.  I've yet to see one fail though.
View Quote

I knew I left some models off the list...I think there’s a couple other models in addition to the ones you listed.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like they’ll last for a long time...with 4 back-ups(I’ll probably pick up a few extras too) I should be good for awhile.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I knew I left some models off the list...I think there’s a couple other models in addition to the ones you listed.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like they’ll last for a long time...with 4 back-ups(I’ll probably pick up a few extras too) I should be good for awhile.
View Quote

If you break one or run out of them ... it is 100% acceptable to continue using your HK without an o-ring until you can find/install a replacement.  The o-ring just tightens the barrel to slide fit (much like a "humped" barrel in a 1911 ... makes the fit to the bushing tighter and (purportedly) improves accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
My USP Tactical in .45 has the o-ring, too.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top