Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2023 7:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boatsank]
Just got this today by impulse. Anybody know about this commercial brand? I know they sold AK but didn’t know about Maks.

Looks to me that it’s been unfired since it left the factory.

Also came with box, holster, lanyard, and spare mag. I used to have a Bulgarian Mak and a few Cz 82s and regret selling every one of them. I also still have several boxes of ammo lying around somewhere. Just got to figure out where.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Commercial production Bulgarian Makarov, should be a decent shooter.  

i would say Arsenal is high quality, even though it doesn't quite have the panache of a surplus gun.  But of the post-cold commercial Maks, it's the one I would seek out, as Arsenal didn't seem to suddenly lose competency when the Berlin Wall fell.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, late commercial gun. Should be a good shooter. I'd upgrade the thumb rest import grips to something nicer. I prefer East German surplus black bakelite grips.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I hate those thumb rest commercial grips. Need to hunt down the original reddish brown surplus grips. That’s what I did on my last one.
The box has a quality certificate paper saying it was made in January 1999.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Circle 10 made in 83.  Got it a few years ago.  Gun never misses a beat.  Right before the Covid ammo shit I picked a case of Wolf ammo for it. I would pick up a few mags.  They just keep going up in price.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 12:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boatsank] [#5]
All that came with it.

The lanyard is flimsy and length makes my think it was made for a midget. But the holster looks nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top