Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 5:53:57 PM EDT
Anyone bought a gun from them? Trying to buy a pistol from AU and in checkout I am not getting the option to add an FFL to ship to. Do I need to just put in my FFL's address?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the FAQ's for FFl purchases.

Just bought a LE6920 from them and had my FFL mail a copy of his FFL to them referencing my order number
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, you may want to ensure the item is in stock.

I placed an order last Tuesday, the payment processed, and I received a shipping notification. I contacted them Friday that the tracking number still showed Pre-shipment. Today they responded that they oversold the item and offered a refund or for me to wait 3+ weeks for an indefinite restock.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, you may want to ensure the item is in stock.

I placed an order last Tuesday, the payment processed, and I received a shipping notification. I contacted them Friday that the tracking number still showed Pre-shipment. Today they responded that they oversold the item and offered a refund or for me to wait 3+ weeks for an indefinite restock.
View Quote

it took me like 2 weeks for my 6920 to ship lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up this 92 compact from AU earlier this month.  From purchase to my dealer was less than one week.  Zero issues.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
AU is shady as fuck.  They appear to be Botach, or related.  They do a lot of the same crap like sell you something that says in stock when it is not.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

it took me like 2 weeks for my 6920 to ship lol
View Quote

I asked for a refund. They sent me an email stating it would be sent, but I still don't have it. I'm going to give it a week before I call the bank.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just picked up this 92 compact from AU earlier this month.  From purchase to my dealer was less than one week.  Zero issues.

https://i.imgur.com/cIbqNyw.jpg
View Quote

Very nice  sir
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
I just picked up this 92 compact from AU earlier this month.  From purchase to my dealer was less than one week.  Zero issues.

https://i.imgur.com/cIbqNyw.jpg
View Quote

Same. Bought a 92X Centurion on December 28 and it was at the dealer I believe the 3rd of January. Nice gun BTW
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I've bought from them with zero issues in the past. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I'd follow up with your bank/credit card company. They are typically great at settling disputes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By thesystem:
I've bought from them with zero issues in the past. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I'd follow up with your bank/credit card company. They are typically great at settling disputes.
View Quote

I was finally able to get a refund after many emails. They won't answer phone calls right now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Very nice  sir
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Very nice  sir

Originally Posted By GSAR426:

Same. Bought a 92X Centurion on December 28 and it was at the dealer I believe the 3rd of January. Nice gun BTW

Thank you.    About to send her off to LTT for a wee bit of work.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:
AU is shady as fuck.  They appear to be Botach, or related.  They do a lot of the same crap like sell you something that says in stock when it is not.
View Quote

I used to have bad experiences with Botach about 25 years ago and stopped buying from them until 12 years ago and haven't had a single issue with them for those last 12 years. As far as Arms Unlimited, I've never purchased a firearm from them, but, have been buying other products at low prices without issue for the last 5 or 6 years. They're both good to go as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Before Botac started charging tax I had also bought from them for several years no problem.

AU sold me a defective item and told me to pound sand and take it up with Colt.  
Ironically AIM Surplus has started the same crap, but since they started charging tax I dont order from them anyway.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Before Botac started charging tax I had also bought from them for several years no problem.

AU sold me a defective item and told me to pound sand and take it up with Colt.  
Ironically AIM Surplus has started the same crap, but since they started charging tax I dont order from them anyway.
View Quote

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on a package from AIM that was ordered over a week ago. I'll wait a little longer, but I'm pretty dissatisfied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top