Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2020 3:17:20 AM EDT
I wanted a "Duty" style holster for my Rex Zero 1TC. I found a decent ent looking option from a holster company called Renaissance. They did not provide pictures, but gave RDS cut as an option.

I received the holster and was happy with how it worked. My only complaint was the red dot was left exposed. For their self proclaimed "duty" grade, that seemed unacceptable. I took the heat gun out and went to work having never worked with kydex before.

Using Kydex and hardware from old holsters in the parts pin, I extended the holster and made an RDS hood for the holster. Its not deployable like Safariland, but at least if I'm rolling around it won't be on the bare optic. Now I think the holster is everything I was expecting it to be, even if it doesn't look as clean now. Function over form.

Red line is about where original holster was cut
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good to me.
View Quote
Thanks. I went back and made the top curve more consistent (when viewed from the top down into the hood). Didn't need to be pretty, super happy to just have the optic covered lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top