Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2022 4:28:54 PM EDT
Ive heard they had early problems but have they worked that out?

Found some 18rdd mags online. Thinking of buying some.

Ive got some USA made mags that came with my legion. They have almost like a BBQ paint finish. Nothing like the old 15rd megars (phosphated) but they've been reliable. I assume those are checkmates?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the ones that are Made in USA are Checkmate, and Made in Italy are Mec-Gar.
https://thrumylens.org/featured/sig-sauer-p320-magazines-mecgar-or-check-mate/
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
As much as I prefer my magazine to say "made in Italy" on the side, I can't imagine there's actually a real difference between them - both being OEM. I'm sure SIG requires them to meet the same standards.

Holding them side by side, they look and feel identical to me. In this instance, both mags have a glossy blued finish.

edit- just went through my collection and found 2 mec-gars that have a more mat finish, and 1 checkmate that has a slightly more mat finish than them. I have no idea why.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I think checkmate had issues with their mags a few years ago, but I don’t think that it’s an issue anymore.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
If you prefer the Mec-Gar 18rd P226 magazines, I got some from this guy:
https://silversfirearms.com/
They are old stock (pre-blue packaging) but new.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you prefer the Mec-Gar 18rd P226 magazines, I got some from this guy:
https://silversfirearms.com/
They are old stock (pre-blue packaging) but new.
View Quote

Thanks for the link!

Went ahead and order 10 of the checkmates. They'll be here monday

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got em

The mag body seems solid. Compared to an oldschool mecgar 15rd it seems the same gauge metal. Clean lines and no indication where the join seam is.  Witness holes are nice. Springs are strong

Not sure about the finish. Its shiny black. Not blued I dont think but definately not paint.

The only downside is the baseplate and follower look like cheap plastic. Maybe they're not I dunno, but most sig followers seem like a composite or polymer.

If anyones interested I can post comparison pics later.

ETA: sent them an email asking about the followers/base plates, the finish, and when they were made.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top