Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2021 11:24:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I think my Walther PPx was made in Germany.
It had German proof marks on it. Great pistol, but decided to consolidate with Grock and M&Ps for magazine commonality.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I stumbled across a Walther ad where it showed a gunbro and his cop buddy shooting robbers. Cool ad but I've never owned a Walther. I've never been interested in PPK pistols and have never fired a Walther, expect maybe someone else's PPK. Are they made in the US? Didn't they use to sell some low quality.22s made by the cheap .22 company in Germany?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Is-Walther-the-only-gun-company-that-advertises-that-you-can-kill-people-with-their-guns-/5-2512293/
View Quote

Ha! Because of your post, I decided to venture into the Walther section.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
They have a plant in Ft Smith Arkansas but not sure which models are made there
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Currently the plant at Ft. Smith assembles PPK and PPK/S pistols with the frames being made here and the slides coming from the mother ship in Ulm.  The PPK has to be made here because it's small size disqualifies it from importation.

The CCP, PK 380, and all the .22s are all made by Umarex in Germany.  The sole exception are their high end .22s made for competition which are all made by Walther themselves, but I don't think they are imported.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The PDP (the pistol in the ad) and its predecessors the P99 and PPQ are made in Germany.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I stumbled across a Walther ad where it showed a gunbro and his cop buddy shooting robbers. Cool ad but I've never owned a Walther. I've never been interested in PPK pistols and have never fired a Walther, expect maybe someone else's PPK. Are they made in the US? Didn't they use to sell some low quality.22s made by the cheap .22 company in Germany?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Is-Walther-the-only-gun-company-that-advertises-that-you-can-kill-people-with-their-guns-/5-2512293/
View Quote

My P22 may be inexpensive buts it's not low quality by any means.  It's been a great gun.  

I've always considered Walther to be the most underrated brand out there.  They have excellent ergonomics and very good triggers.  They are usually better than most of the most popular brands at any given time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My PPK (Turn of the Century) was made in the USA

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
My P99AS, PDP and PPK/s .22 are all German made
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top