Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2018 1:35:46 AM EDT
I just installed an Apex FSS and trigger kit on my M&P 1.0 9mm.  After assembling everything I dry fired it and the trigger pull is awesome but the reset is barely audible.  It is slightly better than the stock reset but that's not saying a whole lot.  Is there any way to make the reset any better?  The manufactured year is 2012 and ther is an S stamped on the trigger bar.  I'm not sure if that information makes a difference or not.  Any advice is appeeciated.

Edit:  will not take a RAM kit as far as I know.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The FSS kit will reduce the sound/feel of the reset. A RAM (which you state you can't use) will help.
I have found that the latest gen slide stop with the bump on it gave all of my 1.0's better reset sound/feel than the RAM did.
3 choices.
1. Update to newest slide stop
2. update to SHB that will allow a RAM and install said RAM.
3. Update both slide stop and SHB and install RAM

Edit: Also an H stamped trigger bar is also the latest gen so most likely you don't have the newer slide stop.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The FSS kit will reduce the sound/feel of the reset. A RAM (which you state you can't use) will help.
I have found that the latest gen slide stop with the bump on it gave all of my 1.0's better reset sound/feel than the RAM did.
3 choices.
1. Update to newest slide stop
2. update to SHB that will allow a RAM and install said RAM.
3. Update both slide stop and SHB and install RAM

Edit: Also an H stamped trigger bar is also the latest gen so most likely you don't have the newer slide stop.
View Quote
So I found all the parts on brownells.com.  The SHB that they have is the only option correct and allows me to install the RAM?

Edit: Nevermind my last question.  I think I'm just going to upgrade the slide stop and the trigger bar.  Thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top