Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2024 4:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaBravoCPD]
I just installed an Action Enhancement Trigger Kit on my M&P 2.0. All seems fine (only dry fired, haven't gotten to range yet) but noticed the fit of the factory sear actuator/cam against the Apex sear is not as tight as the factory sear. This kit does not come with Apex's own sear actuator, and I couldn't buy one if I wanted to as it's only sold with the forward set kits.

I didn't get a pic of the 2 factory pieces beforehand, but I remember the factory actuator mated right in with the factory sear vs the gap seen in the pic using the Apex sear.

Anybody else have this kit and have the same result? It doesn't look like it will cause any issues, but this will be in the carry rotation so I'd prefer to feel confident about its reliability, etc.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/kkdk3OU
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the forward set trigger kits in mine.

The actuator is loose/sloppy on the sear on the Compact .45 I just field stripped and looked at.

As the trigger bar moves to the rear it contacts and begins to move actuator till it makes contact with the sear.  At that point the trigger rearward movement stops at what I would all "the wall."  Any further rearward movement rotates the sear enough to release the striker.

Do some dry firing to see how it feels to you.  To see if you feel the wall.  To see how much, if any, you can feel/see the trigger move rearward before the striker is released.

Might do a pencil test, too, to make sure the striker is moving past the striker block.  I've never heard of timing issues with the 2.0 models but I've had them with the 1.0 models.

Make sure there's no magazine in it.  Make sure it's not loaded with a round in the chamber.  Make sure the striker is behind the sear by racking the slide.  Point the muzzle upwards (not at your face or anyone) insert a #2 wood pencil down the muzzle eraser first.  Squeeze the trigger and see if the pencil jumps upwards.  Striker pistols usually won't launch the pencil like a hammer fired gun will, but it'll jump upwards.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The two I have are a little sloppy also. Also, I've noticed while dry firing if I let off the trigger and slowly rack the slide just enough to reset the trigger I get a faint click when I take up the slack in the trigger. It appears to me that the trigger bar catches on the edge of the sear just a faint amount and the click is the trigger bar slipping under the sear where it should be all along.

It does not do this if I rack the slide fast, if holding the trigger back or while firing. I think the vibration of the slide moving faster doesn't allow the trigger bar to catch. Both of my kits on two different guns do this, but if I swap the APEX sear with the factory one it doesn't do it. It bugs me but I just live with it and have never had an issue after all these years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top